What HC class if I swap my SOHC to a DOHC?

Apocalypse

I am currently driving a 1992 Honda Civic SI with a 1.6L SOHC D16Z6 -> ZC

I want to build my car slowly while using it as a daily driver, and while finishing the HPDE.

So my question is: "What HC class will I be if I swap the old engine with a 1.6L DOHC B16A?" HC4 or bumped to HC3?

I already killed one engine, and now my car is about to go 257,000 miles and I think it is gonna die on me soon. I drive the car hard everyday, and redline the car at least twice. I have read the rules, but it is a bit vague for me since it will be a hybrid. I just want some reassurance. Thank you, much apreciated.

Any swap (hybrid) will put you into H1. In fact using a JDM ZC SOHC engine might classify you as a hybrid since the car did not come with that engine model.

What they said.

Any engine, other than what came with that chassis, in the US, makes it a hybrid. It will therefore be classed in H1.

The only possible exception to that will be the body swap provision (see rule 12.1). That wouldn't really apply in this case though, since the Si already came with the most potent engine availble in that model.

Mike

D16Z6 it shall be. I don't like domestic engines, they are trashed most of the time. Oh well.....

Thank you everyone. My answer is answered and clarified.

I dont see an option to erase the post, unlike the other forums I used before.