Toyo Tire contigency

mwilson7

We got all of ours here in Texas after Rounds 1 & 2.

I sent mine off after Round 3, but haven't seen anything just yet.

It takes 2-3 weeks.

Todd Covini

I sent out for my Toyo money and got it in about 2-3 weeks. It looks like a gift certificate that you are supposed to give to a Toyo dealer. I tried to give it to the Button Willow tire shop on June 5th when I was up there for a AI race and they would not take it. Button Willow is listed on the Toyo web site as a dealer that should take the Toyo certificate. There was a Toyo tire rep there at the track and he talked to them but they still would not take it. The Button Willow tire shop tried to tell me to buy the tires from them at full price and send my Toyo certificate and tire invoice back to Toyo and they would cut me a check. The Toyo tire rep said this is not how the program works. My certificate expires on 8-31-04 and the Toyo rep offered to let me use the certificate after the expiration date. I may buy one tire by then but I really will not need to buy another set until the beginning of next season.

The worst part was they still charge old Toyo RA-1 tire prices there. I paid $200 a tire (275-40-17) shaved. I thought it would be convenient for me to buy them up there during a race weekend I was already there. I was so wrong. Next time I will mail order from AIM or Villivan.

So remember never buy tires from Button Willow tire shop.

Ryan Walton

It took two weeks (13 days to be exact) from the time I mailed in the results until the Toyo bucks arrived in my mailbox. I just ordered a set of Toyos from Vilven Tire on Monday and they arrived at my garage today. In total, it took 16 day to go from mailing results to recieving my tires. The folks at Toyo have been more helpful that I had expected. Give em a call, they'll take care of you.