TT at Willow report. Great testing.

Tim Comeau

We got 6 25 minute sessions on Sat. On Sun, we got 3 in the morning, one after lunch, then timed runs. Had to go get more fuel!

Had a nice dinner at Black Angus on Fri, pizza and beer at the pool on Sat.

Got some good practice and testing in. Got down to a 1:37.99 on Sun morning. I was on old tires, trying to use them up, but they just wouldn't die! I kept checking for the cord........

Lessons learned:

Dylan, I was getting the same tire wear pattern as you on several of my tires. I couldn't understand it because I was checking my inflation pressures. Well.........................Mark Foley takes my left rear hot tire temp and tells me it's 32! 32 HOT! No, that can't be right. I set them at 32 COLD. My gauge, while reading zero at rest, was 5-7 pounds off! Straight to the trash can. From now on, I'll verify my gauge(s) against others. How long has my gauge been off? Crap.......I've been losing lap time there.

Foley and Spargo each drove my car for a session, and I drove theirs.

Mark's car took a long time to wind out in 4th. I wasn't shifting into 5th as soon as I was in my car. Though we did a separate comparison test. On the way back to the hotel, we got side by side, 4th gear 4,000 rpm, then floored it. He got a slight jump, but we stayed pretty much even. ? I liked the 400 lb springs. I liked sitting even closer to his bigger wheel. His clutch pedal is much higher than mine (awkward)and engages at a different point. Mark's shifter sits more to the passenger side than mine. Feels like the whole shift pattern is moved over. My first gear "gate" is forward and leaning to the left. His is straight forward and upright. We checked to see if the linkage at the base was different, but it looked the same.

Spargo's car handled incredibly well. Massive grip in turn 2. Maybe some of that was because he was on newer tires? 400 lb springs again. 4th gear to 5th saw an rpm drop of 6,000 to 4,200! I checked several times going into turn 8. OUCH! That'll hurt your lap times. Tom's car didn't seem as strong. Shifter was kind of imprecise. His accelerator had a "kink" in the feel of it's movement which made it more difficult to throttle steer the car.

All I can say is, if he's doing ok lap times right now, wait till his car isn't fighting him! He got 4 seconds faster at this event. Money well spent, huh?

Mark and Tom will add their thoughts too, I'm sure.

Great weekend, lots of track time, and not much traffic. Perfect for concentrating on lowering lap times.

Driving Tim's car was interesting. It's surprising how much of a difference in feel a difference of 50# makes in spring rate. The extra 30hp from the stroker engine was pretty much as expected.

I unfortunately had a bad ending to the weekend; I had an off and somehow now I have no compression in the #1 cylinder . I made it home okay as a 3-banger though. But now, it's "off with it's head!" Hopefully I'll be able to get it back working for the next NASA event.

Sorry I didn't make it guys, Mark, Tom and Tim. I like to keep my word. I didn't want to go if they hadn't worked on my car and they hadn't. But I also woke Sunday morning in much pain and stiffness. I couldn't have driven that way if I'd wanted. I'm off work today, the Vicodin is kicking my butt!! I slept from midnight last night until 1:30 this afternoon, yowsa! I'm not sure what I've done to myself, I hope it resolves soon?

P.Dilly.

Tons of track time and a ton of fun. Thanks Tim for letting me drive your car. The steering in Tim's car felt heavy but it may have been the smaller steering wheel he has. His car was real smooth. Great clutch and gear shift action. The brakes were firmer than mine even though we use the same pads. I think I need new brake lines. Tim's car was softer than mine and I felt the body rolling in the corners. As far as power I didn't push Tim's car as much as I push mine but it did pull to 6000 rpm (when I chose to shift) where my car has no power above 5800. Mine will be at the dyno this week and I'll post the results... before and after !

My previous best at WSIR was 1:42.9. This weekend I did a 1:40.43 on Sunday morning and was consistently in the 1:41's. Of course Tim did a 1:39.5 the first time in my car. My time trial time on Sunday afternoon was 1:41.7.

It was great to meet Tom. He and I are pretty even. He also hit about 1:40.5 on Sunday.