Tranny anyone?

David J Marguglio

I'm surprised it didn't sell. AUTOBAHN PARTS.COM just got 2 more 924S trannys in. 619.444.2290 Ask for Sean. Tell him you're a 944-spec guy.

I beleive just the 2 gears that make up the 5th gear. There in the back of the tranny and the swap was easy. I don't know the P/N though!

I think also you may need to re-shim the shaft since you are putting in a new gear that may be a slightly different thickness than the old one.

I think also you may need to re-shim the shaft since you are putting in a new gear that may be a slightly different thickness than the old one.

No, it's a simple matter of swapping the old gear for the new gear. There are actually two gears - one with 29 teeth and another with 35 teeth (29/35=.83ratio) which fit perfectly on the existing shafts. Your existing gear in a 944 (non-1988) is 27/37=.73ratio.

Not too difficult a project, though you need to be very careful it goes back on exactly the way it came off. Make sure it's out of gear when you hammer the new gears on. And a couple of new seals for the housing. A big hammer and air impact wrench are your friends.

Go find a POS Turbo or S tranny at the junkyard and you'll get the right gear ratio (I would count the splines to make sure you get 29 and 35).

It's easy to Fuch this up, so I had Pat at ITS Transmission do mine.

And please people, lets not cheat and put a shorter ratio set of gears in. You'd only be cheating yourself, we are all better than that!

P.Dilly.