What chip are you using?

mfoley

I've been putting in the seat time and it's now time for a little more hp. What chips are you using? I know some of you are using custom chips but is there a preferred after market chip?

Thanks.

Sorry P.Dilly I should have been more clear. Any 88 motor (higher CR and cam) except for yours. You'll get the bugs worked out soon!! Me I'm just going to get my car reliable again and then do as much track time as my $$$ and family will allow.

BTW- Whats up with your car? Still running like Mel Tillus? (He is a famous stuterer!!) Have they fixed it? Any ideas? I want your car fixed as badly as you do because when I'm all over you I don't want any excuses!!

Also how's you neck doing? I remeber a comment about pain and some prescriptions but hope your feeling better!!

Car didn't get worked on, thus my reluctance to go drive it in case I damaged another computer. I replaced my muffler because the free one I was given was broken, that's why I guess personally I couldn't stand the sound when driving. That metal clacking sound was horrible. It sounds awesome now though! The neck, it's settling again. It does that on occassion. I'm sure anyone with back troubles knows what it's like to have a bad couple days. Hopefully it should come good. As for the car, it's confusing, on Sat I warmed it up before driving it home and it didn't stutter. So does that mean it's a cold running thing? Does anything go on when the car is cold? I guess it adjusts mixtures to run a littler higher RPM right? I have a new engine Temp Sensor ready to go in. It's been the same problem all along. I guess we think we find it (due to finding crappy work by a previous un-named) but it's not it? I guess I'll know when it just runs well? I'm just concerned about burning out another 88 computer. They'll be hard to come by? Can you hook our cars up to a machine and see what information is being supplied to the computer?

P.Dilly.

I have the complete 944 tech pubs on CD I can send you. It has a complete DME t-shooting section. Maybe it can help by going step by step through the whole thing from sensors to signals. Email me you address and I'll ship it to you mate!! Can't hurt.

I got my Chip from Paul B after he did a bunch of chip testing and had spares. Not sure extactly where it is from (Steve R?), but decided to take it off his hands for him. Figure it is worth 1-2 hp on the track. Not much different than most.

FR Wilk Chip

Just had it re-flashed to a lower RPM (was 7k). Don't know if it helps or not; need to run on a dyno against my stock computer.

Mods !@#$? This is a spec car

My car is a 1985.5 with no cat, stock newer headers, stock intake and stock air filter. Lots of new stuff but no upgrades.

I'll check out FR Wilk chips. I believe Tom said he had just bought that chip too. My car will be dyno'd this week and then I'm going to start tweaking. When I'm done I'll dyno it again and post results.

The former owner of my car said it had a hypertech or weltmeister chip. Couldn't remember. Then Norik and Dwain flashed it at the shop and said they got 1 more peak hp and 2-3 foot pounds of torque across the curve. No rev limiter.

Hey Dilly (or anyone else), if you are interested in an '88 computer, I know of one you can probably get at a very good deal.

Drop me a line, if interested.

s