Dyno runs Sat July 17th! Results of SoCal cars.

Tim Comeau

You have to RSVP through the PCA.

Go to [email protected] to reserve your spot. Limited to 25 cars!

Act now!

This is at the DYNO SHOP in Santee. Let's get the 944-spec cars out there on the same dyno, same day.

At your service,

Edited by Guest

Drive 2 hours, dyno, listen to Comeau, drive 2 hours home? No thanks!

Too far Timmee D. Plus, hopefully picking up that parts car and doing some dissmantling? Steve Rea, you still available?

P.Dilly.

Thanks for the responses from the northern half of the SoCal Group.

I didn't think you guys would come down. I was thinking more about San Diego guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the # 77 Rickard car will get to the Dyno this week too. Foley? Did you make it yet?

I'll try to get my new red 944 over there too.

My spec car was dyno'd this morning and is about 129/130, hp/torque. I need to figure out how to post the results. It was run on the same dyno that is being used this Sat. I may bring my turbo down on Sat just for grins.

Mark thats cool that you HP/TQ are up there! Not enough to worry about. JOe has 132 TC has 134 and they are on the high end.

When I add a chip I'll be right there on hp/torque. Now I need a short 5th and then a limited slip... and of course more track time .

I can't believe all those fantastic times at Willow Springs last weekend, especially in July. I'm running out of excuses. I need to get faster quick!

You don't have a 5th? That's good for 1 sec at WS right there! Next we race you won't be able to pull away from me. I hope to have my motor back together in a few weeks and then get some test and tune days in before I spank Dilly ay Laguna!! (You going there?)

I knew the times for us guys would start to drop fast. We have alot of improvements to make while the leaders have very little. We'll be catching them before they know it. TC's supremicy has come to an end. The pack he used to lap is now staying in his mirror and soon will be passed. Track time, track time, track time. Oh I forgot to mention - track time!!

Laguna should be fun. I'm planning to be there but I haven't seen any info yet.

My roll cage is getting painted next week. That'll be good for at least a second.

My spec car was dyno'd this morning and is about 129/130, hp/torque. I need to figure out how to post the results. It was run on the same dyno that is being used this Sat. I may bring my turbo down on Sat just for grins.

Best thing to do is to scan the dyno sheet and email that picture to me. I can then put it on my 944-spec dyno chart section of my web page.

Yep 129hp without a chip and you are right there.

Ok, guys.

It might surprise you but the results from my dyno run of the black and white car are................................129.4 hp and 130.0 Torque.

Ambient air temp was 90.8F

Vapor pressure was .43 in. Hg. (humidity?)

Barometric pressure was 30.09 in. Hg.

Last time it dyno'd at 133.1/133.6

But the air temp was 72.5! Almost 20 degrees cooler.

I know Mark Foley dyno'd his car last week.

Pete Yousko drove John Rickard's # 77 car over, too.

Anyone else going to dyno their cars?

wow 129 from 133...

Sure it was the same dyno? Most dyno's do have a compensator for air temp and conditions lest they would all be off.

What about rear tire pressure? Should run you normal Hot pressure just to be sure.

Tim,

Scan the chart and send it. Maybe we can look at the curves and see if the curve has changed to or just the peak.

Didn't do the Red car out of curiosity Timmy?

I would like to dyno, but where? It seems too many variables exist? I'm not sure I would get a consistant answer to anyone/anywhere else?

Dilly.

I want to dyno the red car too.

The dyno is a Dtnojet model 248C.

Some variables:

The dyno is the same one as before.

Correction factor:

Old .98 New 1.02

Gear ratio:

old 61.36 RPM/MPH New 61.22 RPM/MPH