WTB: American Iron Mustang (Florida / Southeast)

jmimac351

I am looking for an American Iron Mustang to purchase in the Florida or Southeastern US area. I'm looking for a fox body car but open to others as well. The car does not necessarily have to be legal for the American Iron (or any other) class as I am going to use the car for fun at the track. My preference is for a fox body car. I have an enclosed trailer and can come and get the car. I'm located in Orlando.

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Your budget sounds more like CMC really.

There was an AI mustang that needed head gaskets for sale a couple months ago. It was located in Maryland. Not the south east you mention, but I dont think the market is flooded with AI mustangs under 10K$.

Perhaps that's true but I know of at least two cars that fit the bill for what I am looking for. I just found out one has a sale pending and the other is located in Washington. I should be able to find something like this in a fox body mustang. I'll modify my request to specify that.

Thanks.

Thanks. Unfortunately that other car is in Washington state. I'm trying to check out the CMC forum based on your suggestion but it seems to be down. My primary goal is to find something really safe for track events. I don't have time to participate in a series but I want something with more than just a bolt in roll bar. That car being as nice as it is is why I'm looking for something else. Thanks for your help.

Here's a link to some more pictures of the cars:

http://autorazzi.com/index.php?destPage=showAlbum&album_id=dc73b5114e02a29ef67d46edcfef0486

showPic.php?ref=local&album_id=dc73b5114e02a29ef67d46edcfef0486&pic_name=passinterior01.jpg

Factory Five Racing. Very solid car. I actually just sold the wheels to a guy in Austria. Going to a more "vintage" look. I'm installing real pin drive knock off wheels and billboard cobra tires like this:

showPic.php?ref=local&album_id=dc73b5114e02a29ef67d46edcfef0486&pic_name=Best_pal_ERA-FIA.JPG

I have a mkII. The mkIII has less room in the footbox to accommodate the DOHC motor. The hood hinge was a little different on the mkIII as well. FFR makes a great product. The chassis is extremely stiff. Strong like bull!

Whats your budget? I have an AIX car in Atlanta that I am considering selling for something else. I am putting in a new clutch in the next couple of weeks.

Howard

Whats your budget? I have an AIX car in Atlanta that I am considering selling for something else. I am putting in a new clutch in the next couple of weeks.

Howard

Howard, I sent you a message. Thanks.