Use of Vinyl Instead of Paint for a Helmet?

granracing

I got a lot out of the helmet painting thread, but unfortunately won't have the time to paint my helmet for several months. Do any of you have experiences using vinyl on the helmet? It doesn't have to be anything intricate, but something would be nice on my boring white helmet.

I have used vinyl to "paint" my helmet(s) for a number of years. I've acutally redone my helmet a couple of times when I got bored with the original design. Works great as long as you don't use too big of sections of vinyl (that whole flat sheet on a round surface issue)

I should take some pics of my helmets... but all I have are of me driving. My design is pretty basic... just large red and black squares on a white helmet. It's simple but very recognizable. My full face helmet is the same except it has my first name on each side of the chin bar.

img_5935.jpg

img_6398.jpg

Something like this:

100_1261.jpg

Just had it done, but I understand from others that you have to be careful with it so as to avoid the corners peeling up. If I see any, I hit it with a hairdryer and qtip and that seems to be working.

Several free hours with absolutely nothing to do...

DSCN0272-1.jpg

Some would say that much pin striping is tacky. My car is covered with Marines logos. Like Johnny Cash's Cadillac, I'll have the only one around... Besides, that helmet and Hans cost more than the car; It needs a little character.

07-04-07_1704.jpg

Teufelauto...I like your helmet...even though it looks like you stole it from David Hasselhoff when he was starring in night rider.

KnightRiderPoster01.jpg

Seriously...I do like it.