What to call the PIR event?

Spec-944#70

We should have something fun and maybe make a sticker for our rear quarters to celebrate this event. Maybe we can make it an annual thing!!

1. 944 SPEC FEST

2. Spec's gone WILD (Nudity optional)

3. 1st 944 to the checker taps the Keg!!

Lets hear some other suggestions and take a vote!!

Just having some fun!! I think it'll happen. Whats the big deal if it doesn't? You would have wasted your brain cells on something better?

Just having some fun!! I think it'll happen. Whats the big deal if it doesn't? You would have wasted your brain cells on something better?

You assume I have any left!

Dylan was going flat out like a lizard drinkin'! (AUSSIE)

The title might include the words:

944, All 944,

Neutral Ground

DMZ

gathering

South West

Or even..........dare I utter the words............FORMULA 944! The original name of the 944 series I was going to start in SoCal.

How about Nine Florty Floor Splec. Because you guys will be too drunk afterwards to announce anything without a slurr!

Crap! I accidentally hit preview instead of submit. When I hit the "back" arrow, it dumped my reply! Man, I hate wasted time..............

Anyway,......

I like the idea of the bumper sticker. That would stimulate conversation throughout the year. PCASDR does this with California Festival of Speed and IT WORKS!

I feel we shouldn't have the word "spec" before or after 944 because the event title should be as neutral as the organization running it.

We could call the annual gathering...........a National Championship!

We have to support Bill Pennock in NorCal with his effort to start a squadron of the flying circus up there.

Let's do the first event in PHX, then next year consider a track on the West Coast?

It's really great to look up on my wall chart and see 59 cars on the list!

35 in the PHX Group

23 in the SoCal Group

1 in the NorCal Group

we in SoCal are catching up fast and I expect, based on population and availability of cars, that we'll surpass the PHX Group sometime next year.

Let's get 'em all together!

How about calling it "944s DUEL IN THE DESERT" ?

Of course 924S drivers are also invited.

Is this event on for sure, or still in the talking stage?

Pretty good chance of it happening. I'm waiting for the POC BoD to let me know costs for the 3 days and if there is any concerns about anything. This could turn into an annual event where all 944's from any sanctioning body can come hang out, race and smack talk. The differences in rules don't matter as this is a non points event. (Just bragging rights!!)

Stay tuned,

O.K. Now back to the really important stuff!!! Lets get some more ideas going. The POC's BoD meets tomorrow so I hope to be hearing costs soon!! I'll also find out more about everything we'll need and then we'll need to start confirming up and commiting to this venture. I'm thinking convoy/party hauler!! There should be no need to travel all the way to PIR sober.

Party on Wayne!!!

Party on Garth!!

Yes........yes. A Limo bus..............Hmmmmmm?

I've got the number of a guy who will haul 8 944's out there for $200 each. plus some other details......hotel room for him, maybe a rental car.

If the need arises..............