Publicizing NASAForums.com

Geezer

This is a great place for information, questions, and discussion of NASA programs, rules, etc., but it's obviously not getting the use it should. I don't find a link to it from the NASA National site, my regional NASA site, or my race series site.

I see this at work all the time. Someone in another organization is surprised I don't know they need something from me..."Well, it's on my web site". Doesn't do me any good if I don't know it's there, or if I don't even know they have a site.

Any way National could get links or bulletins about NASAForums.com in all their related sites? "What we have here is a failure to communicate", and I'd like to see us get over it.

Agreed, I'd suggest an icon that's a link such as the one in the upper left corner of this page be put in the same spot on the national and all the regional web sites. Consistency. Also, http://www.nasaforums.com should be in GrassRoots Motorsports every month.

Since we're doing suggestions, I'd like to see that the schedule link that is sent out for each event go to a page that is "in its own window" (how Evyan phrased it when I asked her), instead of having a NASA frame around it. This will allow me to print it and tape it to the trailer before the event.

Jason

We used to have the schedule available for download as an Excel file, so you can download it, bold your sessions or color code them and then print. But some people complained they couldn't read Excel files, so we do the straight HTML. I guess ideally we'd have both.

Remember that there are always copies of the schedule at registration.

-J