07/17/2004 TH California- Northern Region

ryan

Yup, I'm a 944 driver, but until I get my truck and trailer, it's a street car. So only 1 person is going to TH that weekend. Once again my friend and I want to come out and check it out and take a closer look.

well not exactly. Now we have 1 Nor-Cal Driver, not sure he is groing to the even.

The rest of the 50 or so other drivers are race in so-cal events or Arizona.

Check out my website in my signature for details and more info.

Feel free to probe this forum with any questions. You can also PM or email me.

PM & Email buttons on the bottom.

There are also a few racer that drive their car to track race and drive home so you don't NEED a trailer to race. Street legal cars are still competitive. In fact all the so-cal track records are held by a street legal car driven to and from the track.

....In fact all the so-cal track records are held by a street legal car driven to and from the track.

Although driver races with his eyes closed cause he's scared, so it really doesn't count.

Yup. That's right, Tom. I had my eyes closed the whole time I was driving YOUR car at Willow!

But seriously Ryan, Joe's right. The cars are so close to stock that you can keep them street legal. Put in the safety gear, add suspension, strip it the way you want while leaving the systems that you want, and you can race it. I kept the lights and power windows. The NorCal driver's name is Bill Pennock. Gold and orange, # 49. Seek him out and look at his 944-spec car.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.