(Resolved) Installing a Rennline REV 2 Fully Adj. Gas Pedal

Legends21

Problem Solved by Rennline. The bushings in the pedal upright were slightly misaligned during the manufacturing process by approximately 0.050 inch. I will attach photos later this week

I am attempting to install a Rennline Rev 2 Adjustable Gas Pedal in my early 85 944 that I am working on. The problem I have encountered is that the offset of the Rennline pedal is much greater than the stock pedal. (See the photos below)

rennline_offset.jpgstock_offset.jpg

This results in the accelerator pedal being to far to the right to by ~ 1.5 inches to connect to the throttle rod.

installed_at_idle.jpg

Has anyone encountered this before and how could the issue be resolved?

Edited by Guest

I don't have any experience with those pedals, but even if you could fix the linkage issue, it would still be all wrong for heel-and-toe, which the stock pedals are nicely set up for. This might be hard to hear, but I find the stock set-up hard to improve on, and would go back to that.

... but I find the stock set-up hard to improve on, and would go back to that.

Oh...Boy... This set of pedals was a Christmas gift from my wife after I said I liked them!

Does anyone have experience with Rennline pedals?

Here's a solution for ya:

Move the base of the pedal over to the left until the stock rod lines up with the new pedal. This will have two effects: one will get the linkage to line up and second will move the pedal into alignment for heal-toe.

You may have to drill a hole or two, but it's a racecar. You will also keep the peace at home. Worth its weight in gold my friend.

Yes, that's what I thought I may have to do. However, this would have to be done very carefully because there are several lines (brake lines I believe) directly under the floor board where the holes would have to be drilled!

Anyway, thanks for the help. I will get the pedals installed so my primary sponsor will not think I wasted any money!

Have you talked to Rennline yet ? The quality of their work is such that I can't believe that this is the right pedal for the car. I'd call them and check before doing anything more. (I have stock pedals in the Spec car but run Rennline pedals in my 964).

Have you talked to Rennline yet ? The quality of their work is such that I can't believe that this is the right pedal for the car. I'd call them and check before doing anything more. (I have stock pedals in the Spec car but run Rennline pedals in my 964).
Yes Dale please work out all the kinks in this installation for me. I'll be installing mine in March, so this is great. Thanks for posting this. By the way my Right Ankle is fused so this will be an important mod for me.

Yes, I have been in touch with Rennline. They are good folks and their product is top notch. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong and if anyone else had encountered this mounting issue before.

I will send the photos to Rennline and see what they come up with.

Dale

Yes Dale please work out all the kinks in this installation for me. I'll be installing mine in March, so this is great. Thanks for posting this. By the way my Right Ankle is fused so this will be an important mod for me.

I'll let you know what I came up.

I'll let you know what I came up.

Thanks, Dale.

Dale,

My car builder/tuner, Pete, at RS Barn http://www.rsbarn.com, just installed mine in my 968. I just looked at it today and looks perfect. He is very experienced with 944's as well. Very nice guy and will help you on the phone if you call him. 215-968-2599. Awesome pedal.

Good luck,

Pablo

• 2 weeks later...

Problem Solved by Rennline. The bushings in the pedal upright were slightly misaligned during the manufacturing process by approximately 0.050 inch. I will attach photos later this week