½ Price for Mid-Ohio Madness for Long Haulers!

NASA Jim

In an effort to draw more racers to the big Mid-Ohio Madness Event (August 20-22, 2004) the NASA Ohio-Indiana Chapter is pleased to announce it will offer all racers who travel more than 1000 miles to attend the event ½ off their race entry fees for a three-day entry.

The event will feature a huge Honda Challenge field and will also host the first American Iron Series National Convention. More activities are planned and will be announced as details are finalized.

This offer is open to all NASA race classes and racers can obtain details on how to enter at this reduced rate by contacting Ohio-Indiana Director Lawrence Mansier at [email protected].

Kudos to the Ohio-Indiana folks for offering the long-haul discount.

Now, we need the details on the Convention ASAP for those of us trying to fit this in our schedule/negotiations with significant others. Six weeks will fly by quickly.............

Do we get a free entry if it's more than 2000 miles? 2460 is closer to the truth.

Isn't getting to see our happy smiling faces plus getting half off enough persuasion? Hell, I flew to Vegas to watch you guys and I didn't get half off. Seriously, I hope that you make it out here, and I am able to make it as well. Hat's off to LM for going above and beyond by making the offer.

Mark

Mark, you would have gotten more than your entry fee comped if you brought a car that would have put you on the podium. I know (really, I know) it's hard to do with a car that doesn't run.

Mark, you would have gotten more than your entry fee comped if you brought a car that would have put you on the podium. I know (really, I know) it's hard to do with a car that doesn't run.

That's a huge if which is why I didn't bring it. It'll run, just only for a few laps.

I'm running my AGS car in a couple of AI races this year. I actually finished my first AI race since I brought it instead. Ironically, on Saturday's race I had an electrical problem and broke a clutch cable, but was still able to finish. Sunday the car was fixed after qualifying and of course it rained so I didn't get to enjoy the car at full song. I hate the rain. It did get 5th though out of like 17 cars so considering, I'm just pleased to have actually finished one. I think NASA has cursed me. That car was flawless last year winning a championship and this year in it's first NASA race it has a few minor mechanical problems. Go figure. Thanks for bringing up the bad memories though. I'm keeping the yellow car in the garage so I can actually have some fun.

• Members

Hey all,

I am also tossing in a free Roebling Road race weekend, Sept 24-25, 2004 to the fastest AI and fastest AI/X car at Mid-Ohio in August.

PS. I better order that 460 for my '68!

Hey all,

I am also tossing in a free Roebling Road race weekend, Sept 24-25, 2004 to the fastest AI and fastest AI/X car at Mid-Ohio in August.

What about the fastest CMC car??

• Members
Hey all,

What about the fastest CMC car??

Sure! Why not! The fastest CMC car will also get a free entry to Roebling Road as well...

What if a CMC car blows the doors off an AI car??

I thought that was resolved at Hallet....

Well it actually happened at Putnam Park so that may be where it came from.

What if a CMC car blows the doors off an AI car??

I thought that was resolved at Hallet....

I said AI car, not AIX car.

And speaking of Hallett.....with the Borton Beast make a showing at our upcoming event held there 14-15 August?? Hate to think the other regions are scared of our Texas racers.....I mean, John George did lay waste to the field @ the 40th......

Not really since the top CMC cars can usually finish right behind the top 5 or so AI cars and generally split the AI field in lap times. There's fast and slow racers in every series. Equally prepared/driven AI & CMC cars are only ~3-5 seconds off in qualifying times depending on the track.

Talk is cheap because Supply usually exceeds Demand.

(But this is an AI Forum...back to the regularly scheduled programming!)

-=- Todd

I said AI car, not AIX car.

And speaking of Hallett.....with the Borton Beast make a showing at our upcoming event held there 14-15 August?? Hate to think the other regions are scared of our Texas racers.....I mean, John George did lay waste to the field @ the 40th......

Does Texas have any AIX cars...an AI race at Hallett would be fun if there were a few AIX cars to show up.

Laid waste? Must have been a different 40th than the one we were at!! I hope he is coming to Mid Ohio because he will be in for a rude awakening if he does!!!!

• Members
I hope he is coming to Mid Ohio because he will be in for a rude awakening if he does!!!!

I'll say, the SE and VA gang plan to take home all the trophies with our new 'developments'...

It's a shame the home boyz will get such an embarassment at their home track!

(this is all posted in fun)

I hope he is coming to Mid Ohio because he will be in for a rude awakening if he does!!!!

I'll say, the SE and VA gang plan to take home all the trophies with our new 'developments'...

It's a shame the home boyz will get such an embarassment at their home track!

Jim, please call me to discuss some issues that have just come to light.

I will be at Gingerman this weekend. If you need send me an email ([email protected]) you can handle it that way as well.

Thanks.

(this is all posted in fun)