Splitting a race weekend?

jschings

Anyone know anything about splitting a race weekend with another driver? I'm wondering if NASA would allow one driver to race Saturday and another driver to race the same car on Sunday. Any thoughts?

There is no problem with this whatsoever. If there are two competitors willing to "give up" one day each to share a car, then it's fine.

Beyond that, NASA officially recognizes the concept of a multi-driver team as a single entity for purposes of points. In the OH/IN region, we current have Tone/Wilson sharing a car (actually 2 cars) and they show up as one "entry" in the points:

http://www.americaniron-east.com/points.shtml

Good to know. So how do you go about registration in that situation? Put both drivers on the entry or does it even matter?

Hi Mark,

We missed you at Gingerman this weekend. I was hoping to drive on Sunday at Mid-Ohio so I can get my NASA license. Apparently the SCCA national is good for one race so NASA can have a look at me and make sure I'm not out of control on the track. I can't do Saturday because I have to work, but my dad was going to race that day. I don't really care about points. Would that be okay?

Jenny,

Two people can form a "Team" but it has to be done at the beginning of the year if you are going for points.

You can form a team any time during the year, but any points you have accumulated until that point are thrown out.