Nady head sets. Know about them already?

Tim Comeau

These are motorcycle intercom headsets that slip up inside your helmet making instructor to student communication much easier. I've used them once before and really liked them.

I have gotten a headset system also for motorcycles from website for Crawford Cycle and Marine. It includes earphones and mike, a connector cable to a push to talk button and adapters for any kind of radio. Best of all it's cheap (about $60). They have more connector than listed on the website. Just call to get one for a radio not listed.

http://www.csonline.net/crawford/Helmet_Headsets/Default.htm

I've had a set for a couple of years and have really enjoyed them. So have the students I've instructed. No more yelling in the cockpit. You can actually have a civil, relaxed conversation while you're flying around the track. A friend once described the experience as, "having the voice of God calmly speaking into your ear advising you on what to do next".

(sic) A friend once described the experience as, "having the voice of God calmly speaking into your ear advising you on what to do next".

Wow! He had a high opinion of your instructional capabilities.

I've been instructed with these "Chatterboxes" and it really does improve the experience. POC is buying a bunch for their instructors and I think PCA should have some as well. Considering they're only ~$125, we could easily afford a dozen or so.

It wasn't me.

The friend was Burl East and the voice he was referring to was Ron Mistak's.

My Nady set only cost $60

Chris, I had a similar experience with a new female student. I kept hearing her voice saying, "Oh God!" in my ear. Now that's something that I've grown accustomed to, but this time it was at an AX.....................

But seriously, folks...........I just picked up a used set of Nady 2 headsets. Guy is asking $50. Sound fair?

I used them once with Martha ( no she wasn't the girl mentioned above) and thought they would be a great addition to my rental/instruction services. Martha said they were much more reliable than the chatterbox brand. Ain't our club great?

I have a set also but I am going to solder the plugs in as they suck and give feedback in the earpeice when worn out. I'll let you know if it's a big deal to do. Great teaching aid!! I never herd the "Oh God! as I try not to wake her up!!"

Chris, I had a similar experience with a new female student. I kept hearing her voice saying, "Oh God!" in my ear.

Let me finish her sentence for you... "Oh God, what a dreadful odor coming from this man, he smells like he hasn't bathed in a week!!".

And there you have it. Thank you.

P.Kitty.