Extremely LOW LOW mileage 1988 F250 XL

Foxxx

I need to get some things straight in my life, and three vehicles isn't helping me do that at the moment. I am trying to consolidate the least practical vehicle from my "fleet", which would be my F250. A friend of mine directed me to this site because there are a lot of people looking for a good pulling vehicle, this is it!

She has 48XXX ORIGINAL miles, started life out on a farm in Kansas, and ventured into Indiana at 35XXX miles, at about 39XXX miles, she makes it into my driveway in Indianapolis. There is absolutely no rust on this truck, the frame still has the factory coating, and the interior is in great shape and has minor wear and tear consistent with usage on a farm.

The body has been repainted brown metallic, and still shows through with the original copper color making for an amazing effect in direct sunlight. the bed is clean and rust free as well, it has a hole in the center for a gooseneck hookup as well as a port and plug for wiring the gooseneck up. there is also a trailer brake controller mounted under the dash that just needs to have the wiring reconnected to it.

The engine is a naturally aspirated 7.3l IDI diesel, 2 new 1000 CCA Duralast professional batteries, fresh radiator, AC has been retrofitted to R-134a, it runs amazingly, but has a startup issue, which i have traced back to an air intrusion in one of the fuel lines. this issue can be remedied with an external helper fuel pump, which i am going to do soon. the transmission feels good first through fourth (though first is steeper than hell) and has a slight grind intermittently going into fifth and sometimes reverse.

The driveline is in great shape and the four wheel drive works amazingly, the rear differential is a Sterling 10.25, and the front is a Dana 50. both have 4.10 gears and the front has manual locking hubs (it would have Warn hubs, but again, im broke) and on each axle is capped off with 16" eagle alloys wheels with 33" Nitto TeraGrapplers (awesome tires!! never been stuck with them and the road noise is null and void compared to similar tires) The tires have about 90% tread life left all around. The stock wheels and tires will be included, but the tires need replaced before they can be used.

The brakes are grabby, but the brake booster needs replaced as well as the mount for the brake and clutch pedals, which i will be getting via UPS shortly. The emergency brake cables are frozen from lack of use also. I will have the pedal mount replaced as soon as the part comes in and the brake booster will be replaced if i have the money to do so before it sells, or if the buyer is local, i will fix it for them if they don't want to.

she is also equipped with a 15000K HID kit but i will put the stock bulbs back in if so desired.

if anyone has any questions i can be reached by reply here, PM, or email (andrew.gilpin at comcast.net)

asking 7000 obo, since it is hard to find a truck this old that is this clean and with this low mileage.

and now to the pics, i will get more pictures upon request.

PC080446.jpg

Truck.jpg

Truck018.jpg

Truck002email.jpg

and here is a shot of her at work haulin firewood

loaded.jpg

Engine pics

P3170492.jpg

P3170491.jpg

P3170490.jpg