Adding lift points

crazy_ugly_coyote

Ive been involved for a long time in rally racing, and Ive noticed that they all have external holes on the side of the body of the car to jack the car up. They can then also slide in some stands into them. Its a real pain to lift my car cause its so low, and yes i have a low profile jack. I still have to drive it up on wood blocks to get Under it. How hard would it be to install something to this effect on my car?

Depends on your car and your cage. You just have to engineer it so thatt he hole is able to support X% of the car resting on it. I.E. the rear Jack Points may not need to hold as much as the front.

Also keep in mind that the cars that you saw may have been factory equipped. I know that both my Jag and my old Benz had Jack holes rather than points. If your car uses a jack oint, you'll have to move the support point entirely, meaning reinforcing the crap out of the area around your jack hole.

I wouldn't try this without a full cage. You're going to need to gut the car to do all of the cutting and welding you need, anyways.