A new GTS2 car is born....

Damon in STL

Looks sharp!

I like the white accents on the fenders.

Just out of curiosity, what running weights do the E30 M3s have in GTS2?

Thanks for the complements on the car!

I'm really getting excited about my first races with NASA this coming weekend at GIR! GIR is my home track and I've got close to 50 days here....so, I'm glad to do my first races (in cars....former motorcycle racer) in familiar territory.

In stock form and staying in GTS2 on DOT tires, the e30 M3 could be around 2400 lbs. I've only got about 300 more to go.....

Damon in STL

Damon, looking good, hopefully I'll see you at Putnam.

Hey Simon....Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm going to Putnam with NASA or going the following weekend to Mid-Ohio with BMW CR. Right now a number of the St. Louis guys are talking about getting a group to go to Mid-Ohio. We'll see.... But, that would bump my car up to DM since I'm running the Hankook slicks until I get a third set of wheels and DOTs.

I know some of the local guys were hoping to see some of the Spec e30s at GIR this weekend. It's funny...rarely do we even get other e30 M3s at GIR. I was happy to see another GTS2 e30 M3 on the entry list!

Cheers!

Damon in STL

I know some of the local guys were hoping to see some of the Spec e30s at GIR this weekend.

Unfortunately I don't know of any Spec E30's running in the midwest region yet. I'm the only one who has done a single event in the midwest region not counting cross over events (Autobahn). We hae 5 active cars in the great lakes region. I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon enough. Good luck at GIR!

Hey Simon....Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm going to Putnam with NASA or going the following weekend to Mid-Ohio with BMW CR. Right now a number of the St. Louis guys are talking about getting a group to go to Mid-Ohio. We'll see.... But, that would bump my car up to DM since I'm running the Hankook slicks until I get a third set of wheels and DOTs.

I know some of the local guys were hoping to see some of the Spec e30s at GIR this weekend. It's funny...rarely do we even get other e30 M3s at GIR. I was happy to see another GTS2 e30 M3 on the entry list!

Cheers!

Damon in STL

You're coming to Mid-Ohio with me sucka....

In stock form and staying in GTS2 on DOT tires, the e30 M3 could be around 2400 lbs. I've only got about 300 more to go.....

Damon in STL

Just wondering where you get the weight of 2400lbs from.

What HP are you putting out. I thought a stock M3 put out around 200hp at the wheels but even if it is 180 at the wheels you need to weigh 2610 lbs in GTS2 if it is 200 at the wheels you are talking 2900 lbs are you only getting 170 at the wheels?

Car looks sweet man.

Cheers SteveP

Damon in STL

Just wondering where you get the weight of 2400lbs from.

What HP are you putting out. I thought a stock M3 put out around 200hp at the wheels but even if it is 180 at the wheels you need to weigh 2610 lbs in GTS2 if it is 200 at the wheels you are talking 2900 lbs are you only getting 170 at the wheels?

Car looks sweet man.

Cheers SteveP

Hey Steve,

The stock 2.3 ltr. only puts out 192 HP at the flywheel. If you have 15% less at the wheels the minimum weight is around 2400 (or just slightly higher). You may be thinking of the later evo versions. The evo 3 had a 2.5 ltr. and had 215 HP at the flywheel. I'm actually a little less than 170 HP at the wheels.

What makes the e30 M3 fast is it is perfectly balanced and very forgiving.

Car looks sweet man.

Thanks!

Damon in STL

The stock 2.3 ltr. only puts out 192 HP at the flywheel. If you have 15% less at the wheels the minimum weight is around 2400 (or just slightly higher). You may be thinking of the later evo versions. The evo 3 had a 2.5 ltr. and had 215 HP at the flywheel. I'm actually a little less than 170 HP at the wheels.

It sure had legs over my Spec car at Putnam - nice car - looked good out there!

It sure had legs over my Spec car at Putnam - nice car - looked good out there!

My big advantage at Gateway is that I run a 4.45 LSD. Combine that with the slightly smaller diameter tires I'm running this year and I'm in the power band coming out of every turn. As an example, I was following Rob S. in the red e30 M3 out of T2 to T3 and he was just barely pulling away from me. He has the 2.5 with Alpha-N and his car has 22 more HP than I do....but, he has the stock 4.10 LSD. Guess what he's now looking to buy?

Putnam will be interesting this year. My car was not geared well for T9 & T10 and I had to carry a higher gear where my car didn't have a lot of power. With my smaller diameter tires....I'm hoping to get back into the power band sooner to be able to carry more speed out of T10 and down the front straight.

Cheers,

Damon in STL

I was following Rob S. in the red e30 M3 out of T2 to T3 and he was just barely pulling away from me. He has the 2.5 with Alpha-N and his car has 22 more HP than I do....but, he has the stock 4.10 LSD. Guess what he's now looking to buy?

Can anyone lend me $3k?

Lets not discount driver skill, which Damon has a lot of.

Damon, same goals for this race (i.e. pass all GTS2 cars at least once)?

I was following Rob S. in the red e30 M3 out of T2 to T3 and he was just barely pulling away from me. He has the 2.5 with Alpha-N and his car has 22 more HP than I do....but, he has the stock 4.10 LSD. Guess what he's now looking to buy?

Can anyone lend me $3k?

Lets not discount driver skill, which Damon has a lot of.

Damon, same goals for this race (i.e. pass all GTS2 cars at least once)?

Thanks for the driving compliment.

I don't have home court advantage and there will probably be more than one or two other GTS2 cars out there .....so, my new goal will be "Pass as many GTS2 cars as possible!"

Are you going to be able to make it to Putnam? If you've not been, it's a fun track!

Damon in STL

Are you going to be able to make it to Putnam? If you've not been, it's a fun track!

Yup, I'll be there. After the 13 hour tow to/from STL, I was thinking of not doing Putnam (which is the same distance for me), but I can't stay away - too much fun, and it looks like there will be lots of GTS2 cars there! I've never driven Putnam either, so another new track to learn is an added bonus.

Looks like we wil have a good group of GTS 2 cars. Many of the regulars will be at the Porsche Club Race at Mid Ohio that weekend, I may be the only Porsche giving you guys a run that weekend. Looking forward to my first race of the season!

• 4 weeks later...