I-Card system-

SRC/SampsonRacingComm.

Hey Ryan wanted to give you heads up on the I-card System. Loved it!

Have to say it was great to keep up on race info right in the pits w/o having to run to the tower. We ran out of battery before the end (our card is about 4 years old) so we will just to have to get 1 more for a back-up put its easy and way cheaper than the old system. Thanks for putting it together!

Looks like we will start stocking them again and of coures NASA member get the best discount!

Is this the ICard system that works with the Gameboy? Or does the USB one that hooks into your laptop work too?

Which one do you stock Sampson? Price(s)?

I'm wondering the same thing, Marcus. I know they used the radio modem at the 25 Hours, but I'd love for Norcal to start using the same system as SoCal. I had never even heard of a radio modem until the 25 Hour race!

I'm also wondering about the full USB system. Will it work the same as the Gameboy, in that it will be able to receive the data wirelessly? I'd much prefer to see everything on my laptop rather than a tiny gameboy screen.

If you ask me all of this extra hardware seems a little unnecessary. It can't be THAT hard to just register an IP and broadcast the times over wifi. IIRC, pretty much all CA tracks have wifi.

I'm wondering the same thing, Marcus. I know they used the radio modem at the 25 Hours, but I'd love for Norcal to start using the same system as SoCal. I had never even heard of a radio modem until the 25 Hour race!

I'm also wondering about the full USB system. Will it work the same as the Gameboy, in that it will be able to receive the data wirelessly? I'd much prefer to see everything on my laptop rather than a tiny gameboy screen.

If you ask me all of this extra hardware seems a little unnecessary. It can't be THAT hard to just register an IP and broadcast the times over wifi. IIRC, pretty much all CA tracks have wifi.

i'd be game for almost anything better than the radio modem. sure hope norcal adopts the icard.

marcus

Let's start asking Jerry Kunzman about moving to ICard.

You going to be racing anytime soon, Marcus? We just won our first enduro April 26. But it's just not the same if we're not racing against you guys though.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they have a USB Laptop set-up- Which we will have in stock next week-

Edited by Guest

Rocky Mountain (with the help of Ryan) will be going to an ICard system. We will debut it at our 2 hour enduro at Miller on June 14th (provided we get some more cars entered - hint - hint).

Yes they have a USB Laptop set-up- Which we will have in stock next week-

Will you be able to deliver to the 6 hour? Ill buy a system from you either way.

Hey B-

Not a problem... the only issue I could for see is that yours will always show car #60 in front

Have a good weekend-

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who has the USB iCard system, were you able to get it to work at the 6 Hours of Buttonwillow? We weren't able to, and had to fall back on the Gameboy.

We still got the info, but we were really looking forward to seeing all the times on one screen.