Unanswerable Questions!

Rook

Alright, been trying to answer these questions and noone seems to know...so here goes:

Question 1: What is the size and thread pitch of the bolts that hold in the ABS wires to the differential of an IRS in an 03/04 Cobra? (Yes...I did lose mine and have to replace them lol)

Question 2: What is the approximate bar rate/motion ratio of the 29mm Eibach rear sway bar for the Cobra IRS? (trying to decide if a Griggs adjustable front would match up at all....)

Question 3: Well...question 3 involved the air speed velocity of a laden swallow, but I couldn't remember if it's African or European... (10 cool points to whomever laughs at that)

If anyone would be able to answer these, it'd be you all.

The speed of a flying animal is roughly 3 times frequency times amplitude (U=3fA). Well it's common knowledge that the European swallow beats its wings at 15 times per second, and moves .22 meters per beat, so....9.9 meters per second. But wait....that's for an unladen swallow...you asked about a laden swallow. I'm not that smart, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
Answer to question 1: 5/16" by 18!!

Are you sure it's not 8mm? Except for bolts that thread into existing components designed before Ford's switch to metric (mainly the pushrod motors, some 4-speed manual/3-speed auto trannys and maybe the 7.5" axle), everything on a post-'78 Mustang is metric.

Answer to question 1: 5/16" by 18!!

Are you sure it's not 8mm? Except for bolts that thread into existing components designed before Ford's switch to metric (mainly the pushrod motors, some 4-speed manual/3-speed auto trannys and maybe the 7.5" axle), everything on a post-'78 Mustang is metric.

Yup, pretty positive. Pulled one out of my buddy's Mystic and took it to Advanced to measure it.

do penguins have knees?

No, and actually neither do chickens! With the exception of flamingos, ostritches and emus, nor do most feathered animals.

• 1 month later...

The three questions that really matter start with "what".

WHAT.......is your name? What........is your quest?

LMAO! Classic! Monty python Rocks!

Don't have a cobra to go pull bolts and check pitch or I would, but............Harbor frieght has an el-cheapo tap set ($19, I think) that you could just try different taps until you found the one that went all the way through with just finger pressure, and if you couldn't find the right one, you could always just tap the holes out to a size that you know.........just a backwoods suggestion. Deep backwoods. Have I done this very thing on my old 944? Yep. Do you think I would ever admit it? Heck NO!

-Colby