Brake Duct's For a Fox Body (front)

T&A Racing

Any one have good luck with front brake ducts on a Mustang Fox body with a sn95 converstion. The ones on the car when I bought it use the fog light holes in the front, they are 4" where the hose connects. I have tried several methods to step this down to the 3" I need for the hose but it keeps pulling out and of course causing problems. The part that connects at the wheel work pretty well. Any suggestions on a good method or the proper kit would be very helpful.

Thanks

I'm assuming you're looking for a 3" kit to replace the 4" version currently on the car? If so, Quantum Motorsports makes a great kit for about $140. It includes ducts that bolt to the SN95 spindles plus 3" hoses and attachment hardware. They have their own website but you can also purchase through (if memory serves) Brothers Performance (BBK).

If you are asking how to convert the foglight attachment from 4" to 3", I used a water heater vent 4" to 3" step-down from my local Lowe's. I riveted that to the side of the foglight opening and then used expanding foam to "seal" it and fill the large gap in the opening. Don't laugh, it worked.

Thanks, that helps me with some ideas. The car is currently set up to use a 3" hose, but like you suggested the connection at the old fog light location is 4" so I need that step down set up. I too had tried a few different hardware store parts but continue to have problems with them getting loose and getting pulled out from up front. In working on it in the last few days I think I didn't have the hose pulled tight so it filled with air and expanded and caught on the tire. I also had used hose clamps to hode the step down on so I will attemp to put a better fastner on, screws or rivits or something.

Thanks