Attn: Tall drivers

crazy_ugly_coyote

Im 6' 2" 225lbs and I need to find a new seat. Has to be a side mount other wise my head will be rubbing against the roof. My current seat is a Recaro out of an Evo 8. I need something where my head isnt going to stick above the seat like I currently do. . Recommendations?

Try the Ultrasheild or Kirkey Aluminum seat, you can get it customer fit to your specs (seat width/and belt hole placement). The seats run from about $200 up to $800,,,,,,,,,,,

I run a Ultrashield "Spec Miata" seat in my 350Z slammed to the floor for headroom.

Im 6' 2" 225lbs and I need to find a new seat. Has to be a side mount other wise my head will be rubbing against the roof. My current seat is a Recaro out of an Evo 8. I need something where my head isnt going to stick above the seat like I currently do. . Recommendations?

Fits fine & is relitively comfortable for a none adjustable seat.

I use this racing seat in my car as a Daily Driver,,,the seat covers are removable, and you can add/removed padding as needed. For the street I add some padding under my butt, for the track I take that out and add padding in the rib area.

And mine work fine with the HANS, even through it is not designed to have HANS supported I have just started using a HANS (like alot of folks) but have not had any issues,,,after the first weekend of wearing it, I don't even think about it now..the seat is not an issue. I have about 1-2" of space between the HANS and the back of the seat.

However, both of these vender's do offer seats that are "HANS Compatible", and with the "Wings" that limit lateral movement NASCAR style..you can orde pretty much what ever configuration you want, that fits inside of a stock car, and has more/less stuff for saftey and vision.

Is it comfortable? Hows it fit with a HANS?

I'm 6'1" and 225lbs. I picked up the Race Tech RT 4009 WTHR (that's the wide + tall version). I had problems with most seat harness holes ending up mid shoulder blade on my back due to my extra long mutant torso. The WTHR was pricey compared to other seats, but it fit me well, so I had to pony up the cash for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 6'5" 225 (proportional--not one of those guys who's all legs or all torso). I sat in everything I could find and the only thing that worked was the Recaro SPG XL. Everthing else put the harness guides too low. I also remove the cusions.