GTS Class window stickers

Fred Crawford

I was racing this weekend. I got into a battle trying to pass a couple racers in GTS. The guy in front of me I reconized, new his class, GTS3. It took maybe 5 or so laps to get by, me being in a faster class. Little did I know the guy on my tail through this was alsoGTS3 . This car behind me I did not reconize. If I had known I could of done something different, and get out of the way.

Having said that, one year at nationals we put front and back window class numbers on our cars, very large and brite yellow. I have always kept mine , it makes things so easy. Would anyone else consider making that manatory.. good or bad?

Fc

Feeling bad down south.

I think most of us in GTS2 have the yellow number stickers. Personally, I love 'em for pretty much the reasons you've outlined. Considering how hard it is to tell many of the classes from one another, I'm with you in thinking we should consider making them required.

Scott

Fred The car behind you, for 11 laps was Mine which was driven by Jason Mascow at the time. he was having a battle for the class lead . After you got around the lead car in GTS 3 a lapped GTS 4 car came off off pit row and got in the way! Iam sorry I was terse with you afterwards , I assumed incorrectly that you knew who we were and what class we are in.

You are right it is a good idea to put Class stickers on the windshields . and will try to come up with some before the next race!

thanks

Bdigel #112 Black and blue

Thanks. If you have a problem with me , its quicker just to come to me. Can't answer the GTS4 statement. With me please remember that in Class 5 we also run for the overall. There was 2 cars ahead I could of beat .... was trying to catch them. Your compitition was doing all he could to keep me where I was. If it was a bigger track I would of been gone. If I knew you were in Drews battle, I would of backed off. Thus window stickers I would of seen, sorry did not know your car...

Fc

See ya soon

PS great car

Now see what you did Fred! And I thought it was just the american cars that caused this kind of trouble!

PS - I have GTS-3 decals on all four sides of my car and agree with your suggestion to avoid issues like this.

• Members

If you guys want, I can check w/ my vinyl guy and see how much it'd cost to get some made up. Then I can mail to you.

• Members
And maybe get some made up in mirror image so they can be seen from in front?

Yup, that's exactly how they were at the first Nationals. Is there interest?

You can see it in the top left corner of my car before I replaced my windshield:

DSC_0106.JPG

In the Great Lakes region, we are using class stickers front and rear. If you want them in your region, talk to your regions GTS or NASA director. Have them contact Brian at Rat Racing Graphics http://www.ratracinggraphics.com/ . Brian has made them for me for the past couple years. I will have them at Hyperfest.