PS problems, and brake problems.

Trevor57

I was having a couple problems, over the weekend. I don't believe they are related. If you were at putnam, I was the one that puked power steering fluid in the grid. Sorry.

First, I drive a 95 mustang 5.0. I have blown up the power steering pressure hose *twice*. Both times it was at low speed, in a parking situation, at full lock. I don't even know where to start. every peice of the steering system is new, or remanufactured in the last 500 miles.

Second, the car brakes like garbage. I have stock brakes, with hawk blues, and 255 ra1s. I removed the abs pump, and am running an aluminum manifold in place of it. I have a tilton adjuster on the way. My traqmate showed .75 braking G's on my best lap at putnam.

Where should I start?

Trevor,

I was there with you at Putnam when tp PS blew. I don't know what to say other than I too have to add PS fluid throughout the weekend.

As far as brakes I run CarboTech xp10's up front and AX6's in the back and I can practically stand the car on it's nose.

Mitch

#173 TTD 00' Z28

Ummm.. do SN95 Mustangs have hydroboost brakes? If so, the vacuum assist for your brakes is provided by your Power steering pump, so they are both directly related.

How does your pedal feel?

Put your steering a full lock and push your brakes... does the hose blow? I've never liked the noise and and stress of putting the wheel at full lock, so I always avoid it.

I had the ps pump out for a while, as I was going to run a manual rack. I drove it around like that and I noticed no change in the brakes. The pedal feels nice and firm. I can easily lock the fronts, and get alot of dive. Thats why I believe the car to be heavily biased towards the front.

I am waiting on a new ps hose from napa, looks like monday.

Have you gone throug the rear brakes to make sure nothing is binding or frozen back there? If so, try running a more agressive pad in the rear.