GTS Challenge at Hyperfest

bmw22

First of all, thank you to all that have registered. 30 GTS entries!!! I will be the GTS liaison at Hyperfest. I noticed several names on the list that I don't know, so please introduce yourself if i don't get around to meet you. Having just made the arrangements to come to HF, I won't be arriving until Friday night. If possible, I would really appreciate it if someone can same a little paddock space for me. I don't need much room, it's just my car, pickup and 18' trailer. Also, for those of you that haven't heard, Olivier has resigned from his GTS leadership position. Thank you to Olivier for all of his hard work over the past several years. While at HF, I'd like to recruit Olivier's successor. If you are a GTS racer in the MA region and think that you would like to take on the job, make sure you talk to me about it at the track.

To find me, look for my car. jetta.bmp

thanks, Mark

We are bumbed, thunder is full and we were not able to get in... We are still keeping our fingers crossed, hoping something will change...We will be there with our Honda challange car though...Hope to see you all there!!

We are bumbed, thunder is full and we were not able to get in...
Problem solved.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22366

Trying (already bid) but the auction ends at the same time SE thunder is on track at BMP this Saturday

• Members
We are bumbed, thunder is full and we were not able to get in...
Problem solved.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22366

Trying (already bid) but the auction ends at the same time SE thunder is on track at BMP this Saturday

Try using auctionstealer.com

Hope you get it. More GTS3 4tw!!!

Dunno why they are making Honda Challenge the "premier race" of Hyperfest. It should totally be GTS.

All,

When you come to the drivers meeting on Sturday morning, make sure you bring $1 with you for the front and rear class decals as see on the windshield in this photo 1960_27.jpg These decals are very helpful for letting us know if that car in front or in the mirror is in my class or not. We use these in the Greatlakes and Midwest regions and also at the nation Championships and the work very well.

I'll see you at the track, Mark

Anybody wanna show up to Hyperfest who is running in GTS2??

At the moment, we only have 3 registered for the group...would like to see at least 5 drivers??

If you can race in GTS2 this weekend, PM me or email at jefcATmindspringDOTcom

(exchange a @ and . for the AT and DOT)

Jeff Curtis

Nope, GTS 1 and 2 will run in the Autobahn group with Spec E30 and 944Cup...GTS3 and above will run in Thunder group with the Mustangs, Camaros, FF Roadsters, etc.

WE NEED AT LEAST ONE MORE GTS2 competitor to qualify for contingency $$$$$$!!

Jeff

• Members

HRM. If I threw in restrictor plates, I **COULD** run GTS2. I wanted to do that earlier this year but I was told it would be a logistical nightmare. Your thoughts?

Maybe you could convince a 944 racer to run GTS2?

You'd have to have a dyno sheet proving your HP/Weight - FWIW, there will be a dyno on board Summit for Hyperfest...

Any more takers?? ...C'mon!! ...we need ya!

• Members
You'd have to have a dyno sheet proving your HP/Weight - FWIW, there will be a dyno on board Summit for Hyperfest...

Any more takers?? ...C'mon!! ...we need ya!

I do have one... I was prepared to run both classes earlier this year. However, since then Ive gotten some work done to the car. So Id have to re-dyno with a smaller plate. Maybe if you guys are desparate, I can hop onto the dyno there and see if I still qualify for GTS2.

Well, I dunno if we're desperate exactly, but it sure would be nice to get some contingency credits towards tires, etc. for the cars that podium...as it stands right now, ALL of us will podium!

...but it takes four for Hankook, Hoosier and CDOC to pay out, so it would be nice to get 4-5 peeps in GTS2.

Are you already registered for the event?

Send me an email - jefcATmindspringDOTcom

Ask JP (GTS1 entrant) to run in GTS2. He is the only GTS1 car on the list. This would also give him a shot at contingencies. He is a fast GTS1 car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Jeff, I dont see u reg. for VIR?

Might have to have you return the favor this time as we are short of 5 for GTS3!

WHAT FAVOR??

Rest assured, I'll be at VIR...just a little behind on things here lately...if you have an hour or two, gimme a call and I'll fill you in!

Well we did manage to get it!! Man that was a great time!! Was nice meeting all the people i did get a chance to meet...The people i did talk to , thanks for the all the advise!! Tony