Adjusting Koni 8742s

Rook

Having recently purchased a used set of Koni DAs I'm trying to learn exactly how to adjust them.

Reading the directions online hasn't provided me with a clear answer as far as compression/rebound control. Does rotating the adjuster clockwise increase dampening force...or lessen it? Also, as the tab of one of the adjusters seems to be partially cut off (for some odd reason) I don't know how much range of adjustment I'm dealing with for rebound.

Anyone?

Yes...that would be exceedingly straightforward....well it would if I knew what kind of adjustment range I was dealing with. As mentioned above, I do not.

These dampers have no markings denoting a minimum or maximum position. Additionally the adjustment knobs have no descernable stop at either position. So you can see my problem.

on my koni double adjustable strut inserts (8611). rebound adjuster at top of strut and bump at bottom.

this is from memory:

looking down at top of strut (rebound)- full clockwise is soft and counter clockwise is firm

looking up a bottom of strut (bump) - full clockwise is hard and counter clockwise is soft

follow the procedure. mine required turning the front wheels to reach the bottom of strut while in pits. youll have the bottoms adjusted in one session. bump had notches - i started at notch 3 front and rear. think full sweep is on full turn (12 notches think) on bump and 3 turns on top rebound(no notches).

a quick call/email to koni will get your answers to which direction your adjustments go