I NEED SPINDLES FOR SN95 MUSTANG.... HELP...

Sutak11

I am looking for a pair of drop spindles for my 99-04 Mustang. I need the ones that have been modified by raising the tie rod connector to maintain the same geometry. Please pass this on to anyone who can help.

Andy 209 609-9999

Is that something that anyone tracking/ racing a mustang uses?

Sorry I cant help you find one, but I am curious about application.

It is more common to use them with lowered suspension cars to retain the same geometry without comprising higher ride height.

I am confused here.

If you lower the suspension you have already compromised the factory geometry. A lowering spindle only raises the center of the rotating assembly, ie: brakes, wheel, tire, upward, lowering the car further, but retaining your compromised geometry.

To make a mustang handle, it needs much stiffer suspension which typically lowers it significantly. The loss of factory geometry is far out weighed by the reduction in body roll due to weight transfer while braking and cornering.

I am confused here.

If you lower the suspension you have already compromised the factory geometry. A lowering spindle only raises the center of the rotating assembly, ie: brakes, wheel, tire, upward, lowering the car further, but retaining your compromised geometry.

To make a mustang handle, it needs much stiffer suspension which typically lowers it significantly. The loss of factory geometry is far out weighed by the reduction in body roll due to weight transfer while braking and cornering.

A drop spindle will lower the car without any change in spring/ball joint/etc. 2" drop spindles are common and would lower a car by that much. Now, if you needed the car lower still, you could still lower it the common way by installing a shorter, higher rate spring but you wouldn't need to go nearly as short and the geometry would be better then only using lowering springs by themselves.

Thanks TJ, my confusion was in the third post where there seems to be a contradiction regarding avoiding loss of factory geometry with lowering spindles on a car where "lowered suspension" was also used. In that case the loss has already occurred.

I am good with the use of drop spindles, very common in the Hot Rod realm and with lowered trucks and such. I never see anything like that in the road racing/ track driving realm.

• 2 weeks later...

While drop spindles might be popular on S-10 trucks in Hot Rod magazine, they are pretty much nonexistent in the Mustang world.

We use bumpsteer kits from Steeda, etc. to compensate for the steering rod angle. You can also use Steeda X2 ball joints to raise the spindles up relative to the A-arms.

Mark

Griggsracing makes a set for the s197 chassis. But they will set you back three and one half THOUSAND dollars. Then you have to buy their sla setup....then you have to buy a 2005 or newer mustang...then you have to buy..........

Griggsracing makes a set for the s197 chassis. But they will set you back three and one half THOUSAND dollars. Then you have to buy their sla setup....then you have to buy a 2005 or newer mustang...then you have to buy..........

I wasn't even going to bother mentioning those, but that's why I said that drop spindles are "pretty much nonexistent." lol

But, they sure are pretty.

Mark

.... they are pretty much nonexistent in the Mustang world....

I guess that is why I havnt seen or heard about them for Mustangs.

I've been in the late model Mustang game for nearly 20 years, so they would definitely be news to me! lol

Mark

Interesting parts there, but I'm curious why they aren't more common (or less uncommon), given that they were tested over a year ago.

But, if they hold up, then they seem like a good deal. $500 for the pair doesn't seem too bad when you realize that Griggs sells (what appears to be) stock SN95-style spindles for $350 each (although smart eBayers will pay less than $200 for the pair).

Mark

I've been in the late model Mustang game for nearly 20 years, so they would definitely be news to me! lol

Mark

Mark, The blood of our marketing guy is on your hands because I just killed him because of that statement. The reason a lot of the track guys don't talk about our spindles is because they give them such an advantage at the track (why share your speed secerets with the competition) The Racecraft Inc. spindles have been featured in 5.0 and Muscle Mustangs, we had them at the PRI show in Florida last year, we take our rig to 8 or 9 drag races a year, we were at the Real World Street Nationals in Orlando, our spindles are featured on Drift 5.0, and half a dozen other drifting Mustangs. If you have any other low cost marketing ideas, we have an opening that just became available.

Mark

Racecraft Inc.

... If you have any other low cost marketing ideas, we have an opening that just became available.

I had NO IDEA these existed either. I read some of those magazines, but in order to afford to Road Race on a tight budget, I must wrench on my own cars. That time spent leaves me little time to read the rags. I DO take time to read the road racing mags though. Perhaps Grassroots might help? Do you have American Iron contingency set up? I dont see Racecraft in the paddock at any of the NASA races I go to. I think that this product offers a great benefit to mustang racers that can change out spindles. In CMC we are not able to use this product, but I am thinking about getting a set for my track car.

I must say, I am not surprised that Corkran brought this to our attention. He is like the "answer grape". Thanks Frank.

Hyperfest is June 21 at Summit Point. There will be many many people in attendance, some of them might be interested to know about your stuff.

http://www.hyper-fest.com/

www.NASAracing.net

Mark, The blood of our marketing guy is on your hands because I just killed him because of that statement.

Mark

Racecraft Inc.

Violence in the workplace...I love it!

I've been a drag race guy since day one; I only got into this HPDE stuff last November (2007), and I'm slowly getting completely out of the straightline crap. I still have nearly every copy of MM&FF for the last 12-ish years, and I currently subscribe to MM&FF, 5.0 Mustang, Hot Rod, and GRM. However, I'll admit that, for the last few years, I basically just skim through MM&FF and 5.0, since most of their articles are just re-hashes of the junk that I've been reading since high school in the late 1980s. But, not to worry; I'm not unfamiliar with the Racecraft name.

To get in with the road-race crowd that would probably benefit most from these spindles, you have to get up there with Steeda, Griggs, and Maximum Motorsports. If you can develop a fuller line of effective suspension parts (not just copying junk like every other place does lol) and price them fairly without making them in China, then you will be able to get your name out there with a "total package." I'm not saying that you need to design another $5000 SLA front end setup, but a properly designed torque arm, Panhard bar, Watts link, 3-link, etc. would be a step in the right direction. Of course, there has to be a demand for these parts, and with the way things are right now, not a lot of people are spending cash on speed parts (although now might be the time to do a year or two of development on the side, so when things turn around, you'll have everything ready to sell).

As previously stated, while the CMC crowd can't use these spindles, the AI crowd sure could, as well as HPDE cars that are looking to optimize the strut-style front suspension without dropping a year of tuition on SLA parts.

Mark

That time spent leaves me little time to read the rags.

You must be the only person here who doesn't "have a sit-down with the Browns" once a day...lol

Mark

You must be the only person here who doesn't "have a sit-down with the Browns" once a day...lol

Yeah, I have that little free time.

...then you will be able to get your name out there with a "total package."

No need to reinvent the wheel, perhaps see where the greatest need is and explore that solution. MM has a great program and no sense diving in when the market is soft.

There are several aftermarket pieces that could be developed for CMC as well. Being a contingency sponsor helps as well.

Funny thing is, I just Googled "mustang drop spindles". The first link returned is Racecraft.

I'll just leave the rest of what I might write in this post to your imagination.

Amazing. Google had results. I never would have guessed.

Perhaps the original poster doesnt have access to Google or similar.

But either way, the force is strong with you Frank Corkran !

Thanks for the ideas, very much appreciated, but Racecraft Inc. has no intentions of getting into the road race market. The spindles we make happen to cross over into that market, so we are trying to do a little more marketing in this area. We do offer a road race upgrade to our k-member, but thats as far as we go. We approached Griggs a few years back and they declined, because they were getting ready to come out with their SLA dropped spindle. I would like to find a larger supplier like Griggs that could market this product for us or as a private label. We will just have to see what shakes out.

Mark

Racecraft Inc.

Either way, I'll keep your drop spindles in mind if I ever find myself running the road-race car in a class that allows them (pretty much anything besides CMC).

Mark