Cleaning Carbon X Driving Suit

shotgunslade

Just got my new Carbon X driving suit. Fabric care label says it must be dry-cleaned. Could be expensive and inconvenient. I'm surprised it doesn't have a wash with cool water and air dry. Anyone have hands on experience with cleaning either Carbon X driving suits or underwear?

Be careful as some drycleaners use flammable fluids during their process.

Make sure they understand not to do that. All the dry cleaners around me barely speak English so I was in their with my Sparco suit trying to explain that I didn't want to burst into flames. I don't think they understood. LOL

None-the-less... I've had good success handwashing mine also.

I just went through this with my CarbonX Oakley undershirt and pants. Oakley put some strange symbols on the tags and I had to google "laundry icons" to find out what they meant. Basically wash in cold water on delicate for 30 minutes, and dry with low heat.

There were no other fabrics in these though, so be careful. Your suit should have special tags on it that mean something to dry cleaners.

Also I believe that even if flammable (petroleum based) dry cleaning agents are used, once it has evaporated it doesn't make the material flammable. I would check with the dry cleaner to be sure.

Patrick