DOES HIGH TEMP BRAKE FLUID GO BAD?

formula87

Maybe this is a newb question, but i have some AP hightemp brake fluid that is still sealed but I got it 1-2 years ago, have been using Valvoline dot 4 synthetic for DEs was flushing out the system and was going to switch. Should I stick with the Valvoline?

• Members
Maybe this is a newb question, but i have some AP hightemp brake fluid that is still sealed but I got it 1-2 years ago, have been using Valvoline dot 4 synthetic for DEs was flushing out the system and was going to switch. Should I stick with the Valvoline?

As long as its never been opened it should be just fine.

As long as its never been opened it should be just fine.

Yup, I've used fluid a lot older than that. SEALED is the key word. I usually remove the cap and squeeze the bottle (to check that it holds pressure) before removing the foil, just to make sure the foil is sealed. I had a brand new can with a pin hole leak in it once. Maybe it would have been fine, but I put it aside and used it to flush a system instead of using it as "race" fluid. Just my $0.02.