5th gen Prelude weight

drierson

The 5th gen Prelude (195hp @ 2800lbs) should be allowed to weigh in between the 4th gen Prelude (190hp @ 2725lbs) and RSX (200hp @ 2750lbs). I'm getting down close to the 2800lbs limit and I feel for the sake of fairness I should be able to go lower.

The 5th gen Prelude (195hp @ 2800lbs) should be allowed to weigh in between the 4th gen Prelude (190hp @ 2725lbs) and RSX (200hp @ 2750lbs). I'm getting down close to the 2800lbs limit and I feel for the sake of fairness I should be able to go lower.

I always thought the 5th gen lude should be a LOWER min weight than the 4th gen VTEC.. The tranny ratios are a good big longer, thus, doesn't put that power down to the ground quite as fast as the 4th gen, thus, should have a lighter weight the make the difference..

the so called 190hp 4th gen VTEC vs 195hp 5th gen VTEC debate is up in the air, either motor will run better than the other just based on tunning..

5th gen lude should be JUST as low, if not lower than the 4th gen prelude VTEC in H2...

• 2 weeks later...

With final drives being open, the difference in gear ratios really doesn’t matter. The engines in the 4th gen (H22A1) and 5th gen (H22A4) are nearly identical with the extra 5hp supposedly coming from the header/exhaust. Since again you can change those there really shouldn’t be any difference in minimum race weight. I think the 5th gen will be hard pressed to get below 2750lbs legally anyway so that is all I am asking for.

• 3 weeks later...

any one ever thing to take into consideration, the TQ advantage that the H22a's have over some other motors. 9im not sure what there TQ is but, it does play a part)

Torque has a huge effect on the competitiveness of a race car.

Send your request to your Regional Honda Challenge Director/Group Leader. I would think that within the next couple of months we will be considering the 2005 rules.

any one ever thing to take into consideration, the TQ advantage that the H22a's have over some other motors. 9im not sure what there TQ is but, it does play a part)

H2 Torque/hp/min wt

ITR = 130/195/2575

RSX = 142/200/2750

4th gen Prelude = 158/190/2725

5th gen Prelude = 156/195/2800

ITR is down on TQ but gets to weigh a lot less than the others. The RSX is a little down on torque but has the most hp and has a 6 speed. The only one out of place is the 5th gen Prelude.

Who is the Texas Regional Honda Challenge Director/Group Leader? I think Trevor started the group but who would he need to get in contact with?

H2 Torque/hp/min wt

ITR = 130/195/2575

RSX = 142/200/2750

4th gen Prelude = 158/190/2725

5th gen Prelude = 156/195/2800

ITR is down on TQ but gets to weigh a lot less than the others. The RSX is a little down on torque but has the most hp and has a 6 speed. The only one out of place is the 5th gen Prelude.

Who is the Texas Regional Honda Challenge Director/Group Leader? I think Trevor started the group but who would he need to get in contact with?

quick math shows

19.8ITR lbs/tq

19.63RSX lbs/tq

17.424th gen lude lbs/tq

17.95th gen lude lbs/tq

im going to venture a guess thats the reason why you have to go in on that weight. if they allowed a prelude to weight less then they would have a HUGE advantage in the lbs to tq area, and i think as do other that TQ is more important the HP.

and you comment about the tranny and gearing, FD's are free get a good one in there and shorten up your gears.

again take what i say for what you want, i have ablsolutely no say or sway in the rule making of the HC rules, but this is why I THINK the cars are classed as they are and why i think it would be unfair if the prelude was given a lower minimum weight.

also i have no clue what real world reslust are either. but who is to say that those are the best judgement either. some cars may not be fully developed and i don't think that the rules should help them out just becuase they aren't and another car is.