Nationals - parade laps?

Markus

Hey NASA powers that be -

The last two years lunchtime parade laps were on the schedule but I don't think they actually took place. Even though I live close to the track, I do have some family/friends that will only come down for a big event like this and I'd like to be able to take them around MidOhio to see what a great track it is at least. I can only imagine what it's like for the drivers who drag their significant others out from Cali or wherever.

So - for this year I think it would be a great idea if parade laps were scheduled for a day or two (say just Fri and Sat?) and actually did take place. Maybe make drivers buy a ticket or pass ahead of time for $5, keep it at low speeds, do it for just 30min even. I just think that might be another nice thing for the people making the long trip.

- Mark

PS - I heard Meze is coming out from Cali, he could even run his TT sessions during the parade lap since they will probably be about the same speed (s-l-o-w).

Parade laps are very important for Family, Friends and especially Sponsors. I second the MOTION!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! It's nice for us non racers to get on the track for a few. It helps us get motivated to sign up for an hpde class. I've been on a few parade laps and I'm this > < close to signing up for hpde next season.