Dyno cert question

cosm3os

Hope to be building my GTS car this winter. My plan is to dyno first (so I know the wt to shoot for, obviously) this Fall. I'd rather not trailer up and pay for another dyno in the spring. Will the Fall dyno cert be good for next season?

So when do you have to get it done? Jan 1 of the year you race? Doesn't make sense. If I get it dynoed and don't change anything, then the dyno should be good forever and I run the risk that 3 years later it makes too much on a tech check.

• Members
So when do you have to get it done? Jan 1 of the year you race? Doesn't make sense. If I get it dynoed and don't change anything, then the dyno should be good forever and I run the risk that 3 years later it makes too much on a tech check.

I dont disagree that it doesnt make sense. Im just telling you that is what is required.

I had a dyno from Dec07, but I had to get a new one before I could race in 2008. Im only assuming it'd be the same for 2009.

The rule specifically says "before the season." What date qualifies--1/1? Just don't want to waste a lot of money duplicating things. Thanks for the help

Yes, you must have a dyno dated 2008 to race in 2008 as Eric said. So you'll need one dated 2009 (Jan 1 if you choose) to race in 2009. I had the same problem...dyno'd late in 2007 and no changes but still needed the dyno with 2008 date. Also, they require a DynoJet dyno...and the different dyno brands produce different results.