(VIDEO) SoCal BUTTONWILLOW RACE/HPDE Oct 11-12! Track #13CW

Tim Comeau

Here's a taste of this great 944 track! (No audio track) This is track config #1 Clockwise. It includes the star mazda turn. We'll be running # 13 CW, turning at the sweeper instead of star mazda.

That's Dennis Puddester in the white 944.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/Timmy22_/?action=view&current=ButtonwillowApril3-42004.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Glad you posted this. I spent hours last night online looking for Nor-Cal comp license school options before the end of the year. I wasn't sure if this program is accredited for NASA, but I just got an email back from John Lindsey w/ NASA suggesting the same school.

It doesn't appear to require a fully prepped racecar likethe SCCA school. Price looks good, too. I'll see if they have availability.

That video is one of the most balance run groups I've seen for 944 Spec (in terms of horsepower/handling). Nice to see passing coming from every group.

My buddy and I both have 944 race cars and went through this school in June. We have our racing permits now from NASA and will probably be at Buttonwillow for our first race. The school is very helpful in getting you ready for wheel to wheel action and is not just a paid right of passage. You must pass their driving standards to be given a rookie racing permit so not everyone passes.

I called Driving Concepts, left messages. I also sent them an email these questions, but it's a bad link.

Maybe someone familiar with this school can help me confirm:

- What type of vehicle is required? It says "street prepared" but I'm not sure what that means. I have a 944 that’s being prepped for NASA 944Spec. It has stripped interior, full rollcage, driver and passenger racing seats, 5 point harnesses.

- What tire type? Are R-compound competition tires required or a good quality performance street tire OK?

- What safety attire is required? Full SFI suit, shoes & gloves? At this time I have an SA2005 helmet, but that’s all.

- Are head & neck restraints required?

- Is the class rain or shine?