2008 GTS Championships......Final Thoughts

bmw22

I can't think of any other weekend with as many ups and downs as this years championship. Thursday was a perfect day for racing, Friday thru Saturday morning was a perfect day for bowling, Saturday afternoon was perfect for racing and Sunday was just plain weird.

Thank you to all of the GTS driver's. Joe and I only had to deal with 5 metal to metal incidents all weekend of which only one resulted in damage.

Thank you to John Haas for organizing the Steak and Brew Fest and to the NASA Tech crew for sharing their tent with us.

Thank you to Karl Troy for organizing the DVD production and to all who pitched in $$$ to pay for it.

The racing was exciting to watch. Up front we had Andy Watts and Ryan Osiecki racing hard for the overall win. GTS3 had a two car battle for 1st and a three car battle for 3rd. GTS2 had 5 cars in the mi for the last two podium positions, and you could have thrown a blanket over the top 5 GTS1 cars and just about any point in the race.

You all did an awesome job in Friday's rain and Sunday,s hurricane winds.

A special thanks to Carl and Val Picelle for feeding me all weekend. It was a big help to me to not have to worry about bringing a grill/food/etc.... We may need to make the "Italian Night " a GTS tradition!

One last thank you to all the NASA volunteers and workers, all the Mid Ohio crew, and Lake Erie Communications. Those LEC folks are something special.

Regarding the "Utah" bomb that was dropped o0n us Frday evening: I promise all of you that there will be a 2009 GTS Challenge National Championship held somewhere in the east half of the country. GTS will not be in Utah in 2009. If in the next 2 years, a GTS presence begins to grow ion the west coast, the we may go to Utah in 2010. I have no details about 2009, but I have begun to work on it and will keep all informed. Please feel free to email me with suggustions, possible sponsors, or volunteering to help.

Thank you to all for your continued support of GTS Challenge.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for all YOUR hard work on our behalf. As always, GTS was the best and cleanest racing and we all have you and your leadership to thank for it.

It's just too bad you can't drive and supervise at the same time...seems like the Series Director should get a shot at a national title (again), too.

Thanks again,

Mark,

Thanks also for the warm welcome for us "supersizers." It was quite nice to hang out with you guys in the GTS encampment. As the director of a much smaller series, I can't imagine keeping up with all that you have to do! Thanks also to Matt Markowitz and crew, who helped us 944 guys parked next door several times over the weekend. It' sgreat working with you all. I was sorry to miss the steakout, but we had some extra company that had other plans that night last minute. We'll be back next year!

Mark,

Thanks for all you do for GTS. We have a great thing going here and we understand things don't get done by themselves. We are truly fortunate to have someone like you at the wheel. My only constructive criticism is on your Steelers jersey that you were wearing on Sunday. I think it would be much better for the good of man kind if you would wear a purple jersey.

Many many thanks from Pis't N Broke racing north of the border ! I just come down and bring my beer drinking friends to take National titles and yous do all the work !! I know at least 2 of my friends have pledged loyalty to GTS and I will promise

publicly now that next year I will make 5 GTS championship rings for the National classes, but you know I will be back fighting for GTS 1.

Thanks you all for the work, Mark especially

Jean-Pierre

:D Many many thanks from Pis't N Broke racing north of the border ! I just come down and bring my beer drinking friends to take National titles and yous do all the work !! I know at least 2 of my friends have pledged loyalty to GTS and I will promise

publicly now that next year I will make 5 GTS championship rings for the National classes, but you know I will be back fighting for GTS 1.

Thanks you all for the work, Mark especially

Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre it would be more magnanimous of you to give the rings for 08 as you didn't win this year .....or are you trying to entice us to run GTS in 09? Really that is an awesome gesture on your part. Mark deserves one for making GTS such a great series, so maybe you'll make six?

Bill

Mark and all GTS competitors,

The Elephant Motorsports Team would like to extend a very big standing ovation for all your efforts. The event this year was excellent and well run. We had a great time, some good competition, excellent racing - both in car and viewing - and very much appreciate what it takes to run this series. A big cheers to you.