Arizona 944 Spec Gearing up for the fall!

944-Spec#94

After nice warm summer break the Az 944-spec series begins its push to close out the year with 4 race weekends at 2 different tracks!

Sept 18-19 at Firebird Main

October 15-16 at PIR

Nov 5-6 at Firebird Main

November 26-28 At PIR

Currnet points standings after 9 spring races show

Steve Sapareto leading with 779 Point

Joe Paluch in second with 490 and Tyler Thompson in 3rd with 390.

Currnet events point to both Paluch and Thompson missing the next event and maybe more leaving the door wide open for 2nd and 3rd places in the championship. With at least 8 races expected over the 4 remaining events that leaves 800 points on the table such that even Steve's Point lead is not safe.

Full points are avalible here...

http://members.rennlist.com/m758/2004Standings.htm

Good man, Eric.

Hey, I saw some pics of the Tecate Grand Prix, and it looks like "El Diablo" ,the # 10 Vision car, was racing again? Painted white with red flames and driven by Johnny Pag? The body damage is how I recognized it. If this is the same car, Eric, it's the one Bernheim wrapped around the corner worker station at AMP when you and I went out there. Poor guy (Johnny) also kissed the wall in his Ferrari in Tecate. I love racing in Mexico, but it's for keeps down there!

Tim

It costs a lot to come to Phoenix and that doesn't include the spanking you'd get! We'll get to race together soon, I hope, as there are lots of new things coming for the spec series! Redid my rod bearings last week and the no 2 was on the way out so it was good that I did. While the amsoil probably saved me an engine (see old posts), it doesn't completely solve the problem and this is clearly an ongoing maintenance item on our cars. While friday is expected to be hot, the temperatures are supposed to drop this weekend to the mid 90s. I'm hoping the new cool suit I ordered arrives in time.

Steve...

I guess it was a good idea you changed you bearings. My #2 looked fine after over 1 year of pretty hard use.

But new mains & rods are in. The engine is not car however.

...........check the oil before every session..........

...........overfill it 1/8 inch.................................

...........don't rev it past 6200 RPM.....................

Tim

I do all those things but it is always good to remind. The only problem I had last year was forgetting to check the oil once during the 2 hr enduro and letting it get down about a quart but that's probably all it took.