Car Plans for 2009??

jknopp44

Whats everyone doing with their rides for next year? Anyone building something new, or doing some upgrades to what they already have? Thought a new thread was needed in here, the others were starting to become a little boring. Just curious to see what people had planned....

JB

I was planning on doing some body work as well as suspension upgrades. Speaking of suspension, what are you guys using? I would be interested to hear what people are recomending.

thanks

JB

New car to replace the wrecked #73 S2. I'm converting a 951 to an S2 to continue racing in GTS2 and have plenty of parts from the combination of cars if anyone needs anything.

Brad

I was planning on doing some body work as well as suspension upgrades. Speaking of suspension, what are you guys using? I would be interested to hear what people are recomending.

thanks

JB

JB - I'd give Barry at RRT a call re your suspension. I'm not sure what you have or what you need but they would be the ones to contact for suspension stuff! 540-661-4222.

prolly going with bbk, 10-15 more hp and a diet for GTS!

• Members

thanks

JB

JB - I'd give Barry at RRT a call re your suspension. I'm not sure what you have or what you need but they would be the ones to contact for suspension stuff! 540-661-4222.

prolly going with bbk, 10-15 more hp and a diet for GTS!

I need a Bling Bling Kit too.

Michael.... thanks for the tip. I have been seriously considering the guys from RRT. I have heard "as well as witnessed" alot of good things about them. I currently have Group N bilsteins on the car now. That is what was with the car when I bought it. I have also considered something from either JRZ or Moton. The AST's seem to be quite popular now as well.

Oh and thanks for the replies everyone.

JB - the area code is 703...duh

They have helped me with everything racing including the suspension which is their bread & butter! The #85 car and my car are both underpowered for the classes we run. It's in the suspension set up.

RRT saved my season, period. Now that my car actually runs, it's time to get it dialed in for next season! Max

Edited by Guest

Building my TT car into a GTS car, then figuring out if I have enough money left over to actually race it!

Money? To race? NObody has that. You'll fit right in!

When in doubt about an expense, remember our team's motto: Oh what the heck, it's only money I may need to live on someday.

I just talked with Barry at RRT and the #85 car is for sale!!

1999 E46 323i

3.2 Euro - 375 crank hp

Ohlins shocks, custom suspension & cage

3.91 Diffsonline LSD

spares and more

I think it would cost close to $100K to replicate and I'm guessing you could steal this car for just over half that!!

This could be your GTS 4/5 and BMWCCA CM front runner for 2009!! This car had many wins/podiums during the 2008 season and was a lock to win/runner up at GTS National Championships and BMWCCA Ofest if not for some bad luck!!

If you're interested call Barry for more details at 703-661-4222. Serious inquiries only please.

There are already a handful of GTS cars under the guidance of Ian Cole here in the Rocky Mountain region. And, there are a more being built for next season. Not sure of the specifics yet, but at least one 95 M3 for GTS2 or 3 and maybe more. Personally, I'd really like to build an e36 M3 sedan but might have to settle for a 325 or 328. If everything falls into place I could see 3-5 new cars for GTS here, but even one or two would be nice.

Rick

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1101880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.rrtsuspension.com/forum/v...441c36f2556346" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

check out these threads for more info on the for sale RRT #85 car.

• 3 weeks later...
Personally, I'd really like to build an e36 M3 sedan but might have to settle for a 325 or 328.

Well, I pulled the trigger over the weekend and picked up a 97 M3 Sedan. My plan is to convert this to a GTS car (GTS2 or maybe 3) next spring and be racing next year. Some other guys are making plans as well, but I don't have any confirmation on things yet. RM GTS is shaping up nicely for next year though and I'm really looking forward to it.

Rick

Well, I pulled the trigger over the weekend and picked up a 97 M3 Sedan. My plan is to convert this to a GTS car (GTS2 or maybe 3) next spring and be racing next year. Some other guys are making plans as well, but I don't have any confirmation on things yet. RM GTS is shaping up nicely for next year though and I'm really looking forward to it.

Rick

Awesome!! This should definitely be a fun year!

Does anybody run a 928 in GTS other than Mike in NASA-SE?

I'm hoping mine will be done enough to race the first event at VIR next year. The "cheap temporary solution" CMC car has been sucking up my GTS car budget lately.