2005 rules-enforcement

trackboss

Has anyone thought about how all these rules will be enforced? With so many different things to deal with it is almost necessary to have a team of tech inspectors that are very knowledgeable. This would probably mean increasing our entry fees to hire these folks. I don’t think anyone would be willing to do this much work (especially out in the heat of the desert) for free.

This has actually been a big focus of mine when thinking about the rule structure. My posts reflect that. At Mid-Ohio we didn't get the results from the race for quite a while because of the directors having to intepret the rules. This isn't any fun for them. Eric wasn't able to race that weekend because of his duties. That isn't the way it is supposed to be. KISS.

This has actually been a big focus of mine when thinking about the rule structure. My posts reflect that. At Mid-Ohio we didn't get the results from the race for quite a while because of the directors having to intepret the rules. This isn't any fun for them. Eric wasn't able to race that weekend because of his duties. That isn't the way it is supposed to be. KISS.

According to Eric he wasn't planning on racing this entire year.

That is one of the reason we tried to keep the rules simple. Also, the racers has a tendency to keep an eye on the competiton and gladly announce if someone is not legal.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone thought about how all these rules will be enforced? With so many different things to deal with it is almost necessary to have a team of tech inspectors that are very knowledgeable. This would probably mean increasing our entry fees to hire these folks. I don’t think anyone would be willing to do this much work (especially out in the heat of the desert) for free.

I made a similiar statement in another thread. So, I agree.

Scott W. made an excellent comment early in this process. I believe it was "clarify and enforce". Don't bother adding any rules unless there is a plan to enforce it, and also, include the enforcement of existing rules. As I read many of these threads, I find that most suggestions are based on Scotts statement. Some ideas are wild, but most are adjustments or modifications to existing rules. I strongly believe that AI should remian a grass roots series. It seems counterprotuctive for anyone to spend countless hours picking through the rules to find a loop hole that is clearly not within the spirit of the rules. I know it goes on, but in my opinion, thats for the pro ranks. The end result is that everyone else finds out about the loop hole and then must determine if they want to spend the money to keep up. Thats where the costs start to spiral.