New pads, same rotors - need to bed in again?

vpnwiz

Hi guys,

Planning on doing the 8 hour enduro at Road Atlanta in a few weeks. We put the car up last night and went through it - we will definitely need new front pads before the start of the race as there is only 15% or so left. I have another set of the exact same Carbotech's, however there is no warm up time before the enduro. If the rotors have already been bedded with the same pads can I just switch to the brand new ones without having to bed in again? If not, how do I get these bedded in outside of a racetrack?

Thanks

Patrick

Any time you change Pads or Rotors you need to bed them in. Some brake compounds need different heat cycles to bed in but most require at least one good heating. To be honest, I have done it by dragging the brake on the warm up lap or in the paddock. That isn't the best way but it will work.

I just put a pair of carbotechs on my car for the last race. They (carbotech) were very specific about the bedding procedure: 2 laps with medium braking; a lap or two to cool; several laps under hard braking until they fade; a good cool down lap; let sit for at least 30 minutes to cool. Anything else could cause chunking of the pad material and premature failure.

Call Carbotech and ask..they are good folks and want to help..

http://www.ctbrakes.com/

Contact Info:

Telephone numbers

Toll Free: (877) 899-5024

Local: (704) 481-8500

Fax: (704) 481-8554

But you are installing the same pads on rotor that already have the same pad material on them, so you shouldn't have any problems..

Maybe just a midnight run on the street to confirm they are installed correctly/not binding/etc