Fuel prices for 25 Hour

Tim Buck

Price for 91 octane at the track has been set at $4.49/gallon. And we're required to use their gas.

WTF.... I got 91 at the pump for $1.97 on Saturday.

Heck even in June at Milller I got 91 for $4.12 at the Pump that the Miller track!

Price for 91 octane at the track has been set at $4.49/gallon. And we're required to use their gas.

1) Carrying THAT much fuel in your car from town, is illegal.

2) If you dont like the track price, dont use the wifi, the plumbing (there are still legacy blue rooms you can use) the main building is off limits, and you must park your vehicles in the dirt. Also unsure how you would find a pit space about 4" deep in mud as well, but you can probably use that benefit for free. You cant rent any of the garages either. And since its not going to rain, you dont have to wonder if you can use the nice new covered paddock areas either.

Did you notice the brand new paving job too?

..im just sayin..

Im also guessing that the price, is set by the cost of the fuel in the tank as well. I doubt Thill is refilling their tanks at the same rate the stations in town are..so the cost adjustments stretch out a LOT longer.

If you dont believe the profits go into the track, that's an argument you are welcome to provide.

Mater,

Why'd you quote me when you started lecturing? I wasn't complaining. Just stating a fact.

That being said, last year track prices were about $1 over market price IIRC. This year they're $2.25 over market price (more than double).

Next year I expect prices to be 3x market price--in return I'll expect a heated garage, a cold beer, and a personal masseuse for the weekend.

Rob

P.S. Carrying ANY fuel from town using standard 5 gallon utility jugs with a regular hose for a spout is illegal. That's Cali for you.

Mater,

Why'd you quote me when you started lecturing? I wasn't complaining. Just stating a fact.

That being said, last year track prices were about $1 over market price IIRC. This year they're $2.25 over market price (more than double).

Next year I expect prices to be 3x market price--in return I'll expect a heated garage, a cold beer, and a personal masseuse for the weekend.

Rob

P.S. Carrying ANY fuel from town using standard 5 gallon utility jugs with a regular hose for a spout is illegal. That's Cali for you.

Was using the quoting to just keep the reply intact, thats all. Wasnt using it to point a finger.

Im sure that cost revolves around volume, time of shipment (spot wholesale cost to the track) and a set markup. We're at the end of a _dramatic_ drop in fuel prices, but its unlikely that the track has cycled through their on-site volume since then.