Brake fluid swap

lee33lyn

getting ready to put Hi temp brake fluid in my car and braided lines. Anybody have any tips for getting all the old fluid out and not wasting too much of the expensive fluid.I thought I might put compressed air to the top of the master to push the old fluid out but don't want to damage anything!

compressed air = BAD IDEA.

most bottles of brake fluid have more than enough to do a full change over.

ATE gives you 16 gallons, so you can fill up your super soakers when your done with the fluid change.

if you are concerned about cost of brake fluid you may want to rethink this hobby haha. Once moving to the higher temp stuff it must be changed more often.

EDIT: i should explain why.

higher boiling point brake fluid is far more hydroscopic than the oem stuff. Which means it retains water

and the more water in the system the faster it will boil

haha true.

but once again, even if you dont use the whole bottle of fluid after the change, its only a matter of time before the leftovers go bad.

EDIT AGAIN: ATE superblue comes in gold and blue so you know when the old stuff is out. I recommend it for ease of use, and you will have enough to do a friends car too. (split the cost!)

i used to get it from OGracing.com for i think 11 bux a bottle.

havent had to buy any in a bit, my friend had 3 new bottles he never ended up using.

im sure there are some sponsors who sell it for a good price.

Get a Motive and be done with it. It's one of the best purchases I have made. You should be able to get an adapter specific to your car.

http://store.motiveproducts.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=motive&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=597210109&Count2=514350533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I recommend Valvoline SynPower. It exceeds DOT3 and DOT4 and is compatible with just about anything. No need to go to a DOT5 fluid in HPDE.

I use a motive bleeder. When I do bleeds, I push through 2 oz from each corner. When I do changes, I push 4 through. I bleed after every weekend and change after every three weekends or three months, whichever comes first.

Some people swear by alternating between ATE blue and gold because you can see when the new stuff comes out. I have found that the blue turns everyting blue so it's hard to distinguish.