mufflers on H1 ITR's?

Paul

cool........I seem to get a lot of comments locally even though we don't have any tracks with sound restrictions mostly from other racers.

In Socal I've have yet to have anyone say anything when I occassionally make the trip over to CS or WS.

Paul

I would say make an exhaust with a muffler and bring it, just in case. I got tagged for 105db at Infineon with my D16 , and I even had a short muffler...

Yes they pulled me off during my race.

Hey Paul -

I watched the race group from the stands at Firebird the other weekend (I was in the comp school w/ my red, soon-to-be H4 CRX) and your car was CRAZY loud from the stands. I was wondering how you even got that much sound out of that 1.8 L motor. I'd say that from the stands, you were louder by a good margin than the Viper or the ASC car. It was pretty funny to see you come around tower turn and everyone plug their ears.

I was hoping that I'd be ready to join you guys in Oct, but the comp school made me think that perhaps I was a little too eager to jump right into the race group. I'll get some more seat time running w/ the HPDE 4 guys for the rest of the year and maybe think about running w/ you guys in Jan.

- Scott

Humm........I really didn't think it was that loud. When you go to SoCal there are a bunch of HC cars so I guess being the only H1 car on the track I stuck out???

Since putting in the H1 motor it doesn't seem any louder just brighter and with these cars the RPM adds to the perception that it is louder. Whether it is or not I'm not sure.

As far as racing in Oct. we would love to have you run with us...The good news is you should have some H4 cars to race with which usually pushes you to run faster...

Paul

Humm........I really didn't think it was that loud. When you go to SoCal there are a bunch of HC cars so I guess being the only H1 car on the track I stuck out???

Since putting in the H1 motor it doesn't seem any louder just brighter and with these cars the RPM adds to the perception that it is louder. Whether it is or not I'm not sure.

As far as racing in Oct. we would love to have you run with us...The good news is you should have some H4 cars to race with which usually pushes you to run faster...

Paul

Paul do you drive the Yellow/White/Black ITR? If so i saw you at PIR a while back racing and recently are Firebird. yeah your car i think was the loudest out there. I have great footage of the ITR rolling and some nice close up shots. Could make a short film out of it if i wanted to, have enough footage to do so. But yeah if thats your car, you i noticed your a good driver. I also think i saw a video with you in it from racing at Willow Springs. I believe its a video from Edik Stepanyan aka ITAIntegraLS.

Also did you have SRD do the engine work on your car?

Hi....

Yes that's my ITR.

Superior Racing Developement (superiorracing.com)built the motor and Tim Kelly at Exact Dyno in Tempe did the Hondata tuning.

I tried a few shops in the Phoenix metro area and their attention to detail is impressive.

I'd be interested in getting some of the photos or video if they available?

Please PM

Paul

Hi....

Yes that's my ITR.

Superior Racing Developement (superiorracing.com)built the motor and Tim Kelly at Exact Dyno in Tempe did the Hondata tuning.

I tried a few shops in the Phoenix metro area and their attention to detail is impressive.

I'd be interested in getting some of the photos or video if they available?

Please PM

Paul

Yeah heres the link for the video, i forget what one ur in but im sure u can find it easy from just the title of video. http://webfiles.uci.edu/hstepany/RaceVideo/ Yah i am actaully going to have my car tuned with Hondata here real soon at exact dyno. Anyways great to know its you out there and seeing you on this forum. ttyl soon sometime.