accord with h22

softlens

i was reading the rules for honda challenge. i noticed the accord (4 cylinder models, 1990 to present) is in the h4 class. my quesiton is, if you swap the engine to a h22, would that particular accord still be considered in the h4 class or now the h1 hybird category? thanks

i was reading the rules for honda challenge. i noticed the accord (4 cylinder models, 1990 to present) is in the h4 class. my quesiton is, if you swap the engine to a h22, would that particular accord still be considered in the h4 class or now the h1 hybird category? thanks

you would be in H1. in order to be in H2-H5 you must have the stock engine in the car. or convert the car over to the same specs that thecar had with that motor.

so basicly you couldn't take a H22a and put it into an accord and be in anything else beside H1.

but say you owned a 93 prelude S (the one with the SOHC VTEC motor) you could put an H22a in there and convert it over to the prelude vtec spec and run in the respective group (not H1)

We run a 97 Accord with a H22 in USTCC and in a few Honda Challenge races in H1. The car is considered a Hybrid with a H22.

thought i had that covered?? maybe not.

slammed_93_hatch,

I was just commenting to let him know that there is a Accord with a H22 that has run in H1. Comments like your last post are uncessesary, unless you are trying to build up your post count.