NASA/HPDE in Michigan?

inSaNE iRIsH

Hey all, I was wondering if there is a NASA region/chapter that holds events in Michigan, specifically by Detroit. I am very interested in doing some HPDE's, but cant seem to locate any nearby.

Thanks.

damn, thats quite a ways to travel...i guess i'll have to look around to see who else offers similar events.

thanks for the info.

Check out Waterford Hills race track NW of Detroit. I know clubs such as SAAC hold events there, probably a lot of others as well. It's a very easy track to drive, smallish and not too hard on equipment or driver.

Mid-Ohio is a fantastic track. 3 hours isn't that far for a weekend event at a road course, you drive down Friday night and come back Sunday night. It's not like autox or circle track, road racing circuits tend to be many hours apart. If you live less than 2 hours from a track, count yourself lucky.

It's not like autox or circle track, road racing circuits tend to be many hours apart. If you live less than 2 hours from a track, count yourself lucky.

True. My "local" track is Willow Springs and it is a good 90 minutes away. But I've been to events as far as 10 hours away; it is just something you get used to.

Our region, the OH/IN region, does run in MI - we were at Gingerman at least once this year. Coming up to run at Waterford has been discussed, though I do not know of any dates scheduled just yet. Additionaly, as noted, PCA and other clubs (Corvette Club, Neon, Alfa, etc) run DE's at Waterford as well.

The Waterford track site is http://www.waterfordhills.com - but you're unlikely to find DE's listed there.

One of the two local PCA regions is at: http://rsp.pca.org/ No, unlike more populous regions of PCA, you DO NOT need a P-car to come play. No more DE's scheduled for this year, though.

NASA-OH/IN also goes to Mid-O, as noted, as well as Putnam, Beaverun, etc. Mid-O is WELL worth the trip, no question about it.

HTH...