Any new 'Spec' series on the horizon?

boomn29

Just curious, seems quite a few spec series have started the last few years and all seem to be doing quite well. Anything else in the works perhaps?

You know what would be cool to see? Spec Camry!! Lol seeing a wild pack of cheap V6 family sedans wailing down the back straight of autobahn......

Edited by Guest

You know what would be cool to see? Spec Camry!! Lol seeing a wild pack of cheap V6 family sedans wailing down the back straight of autobahn......

Not sure we'd classify those as wailing... But the V6's aren't shabby really. They'd have to do something for the 4 bangers though; probably a lower min weight?

i like that spec copcar.Would be very cool.How bout spec smart car

Spec Smartcar....would you put the roll cage on the inside or outside of that car?

Now that's an interesting question LOL

I like the idea of Honda Insight's or Toyota Prius' with a spec motor. Like a rear mounted SB Chevy.

That might send a confusing message though...

Just curious, seems quite a few spec series have started the last few years and all seem to be doing quite well. Anything else in the works perhaps?

Have you heard about Spec3 yet?

It's like Spec E30, but for E36-chassis 325i/is cars. Specifically the '93-'95 (2.5L w/VANOS) models, so '92 325s and later 328s aren't (yet) legal. The class rules are being finalized and will be online soon, check http://www.spec3racing.com

I'd like to see a spec formula car that didn't cost a fortune or wasn't based on 1950's technology. Yeah, I know, keep dreaming.

Spec Arial Atom? Add a cage, spec the tires and pads.

There is a spec Boxter growing out there too although I haven't seen them on track yet (that I know of).

Not on track, but we had one at an autocross a few months ago.

And he hit cones too. I will never forget the radio chatter..."how does something that small hit a cone?"

... how about a spec biodiesel ? Then I would convert my truck too

Now your onto something. I can run my tow vehicle... 410HP, 815 lb/ft torque at the RW... Unfortunately adding a roll cage would put me over 7500 lbs...

Seriously, though, there may be something to the smart car idea.

I've always liked the Z-cars myself - I think a spec 350Z series would be a LOT of fun. But Mazda has such a great contingency program and racer support, if there was a spec RX8 series I would probably build a car for that.

Patrick

How about a showroom stock series? Everything stock except tires and safety equipment. Stock suspension, bushings, springs, etc. Minimal gutting. No wings, splitters or spoilers. Dyno sheet required.

+1 SPEC YARIS

Smart cars are way too slow.

Spec Yaris:

Sealed motor and trans: 106 base HP + intake/exhaust + Spec ECU flash?

Spec coilover/bar package

2100lb maybe less, with driver.

All brand new Toyota parts so your car stays together

$15k race ready.

If you build it they will come