endyncrankcase ventilation, moroso pan,accusump, oil,FIRE???

Paul

Maybe someone can shead some light on what they are using if anything other then the stock setup for their H1 ITR B18C5's....

My setup...is spewing oil everywhere so much that the oil caught fire at PIR today

I have a endyne breather setup with a valve cover breather line t'd into it . I've tried running the car with the Accusump valve off ..running 5 quarts of oil in the Moroso pan and it still spews ALOT!

I normally run 15/50w Mobile one and even changed oil today to 5/30 M1 to see if maybe all the oil was staying in the head since it was thicker...Nope it still comes out the top of the breather filter/tank...

Any idea's???

Paul

Edited by Guest

This means your engine is too loose. STOP the blowby. On my Type R engines I can tell when they need freshening by the amount of oil in my catch tank.

I use two dash 8 lines to a Moroso tank. And I drain it every session.

Top port of the Endyne can goes into the block on the drivers side of oil filter

2nd port hose from the top has a hose with a T- fitting that runs to the valve cover...

The bottom drain hose is then t'd into the second ports hose then goes into the block just to the passenger side of the oil filter.

this doesn't make since to me with the drain back hose being T'd into a line with the valve cover breather line that ends up going into the crankcase???

I thought the crankcase had escaping pressure....a drain flowing downward while the crankcase is pushing outward???

Shouldn't the drain--- have it's own separate drain back hose since it has it's own port?

Paul

Edited by Guest

FasTom,

I appreciate the help....

It's a fresh motor with 2 races.... well make that 1 and a half.

The Endyne "breather kit" was new with the motor.

Any suggestions would be helpful...I really think something isn't right with the way the breather/can is plumbed.. either that or I need a different set-up. It seemed that the oil(from the amount of the smoke) that would come out was only on heavy left handers.(PIR)

I didn't have this problem with the old motor it had it just had a little breather off the valve cover that might spew a little but this was like someone took a couple of quarts and dumped it.

Paul

Edited by Guest

Paul,

I have had the same problem with my B20 Using the Endyne Breater System, which I agree with Tom, does not make sense? Admittedly the first occasion my blowby was caused by cracked bores. However we are still having breathing problems with our new motor with the Endyne system. So I believe that may be the answer... Change it. It does'nt sound like you have worn your engine out yet and we have the problem with or without the Acusump.

Kiwi