Receipts for Toyo contingency program - who gets them?

Jeff F

In the AI rules it says that the receipts for purchase of Toyo tires need to be sent to the "American Iron Series Director" Is this the national director or reigonal director? Anyone have a fax#? I want to make sure that the top guys get their well-deserved $, so they can open the gap even more!

Hey, with a spec tire, shouldn't the backmarkers get the $ to help them be competitive?

Which rules are you reading?

The AI rules at http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/2004_AI.pdf , section 7.2:

NOTE: Toyo will be contributing to a prize fund for every tire sold to AI series competitors only. AIX competitors are not eligible for this contingency. All competitors need to photocopy the invoice showing the purchase of shaved RA-1 tires and turn into the American Iron Series Director. Any competitor that does not turn in receipts will not be eligible for this contingency.

I thought you were a solid mid-packer........

I am. I was trying to help out Keith.

Which rules are you reading?

The AI rules at http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/2004_AI.pdf , section 7.2:

NOTE: Toyo will be contributing to a prize fund for every tire sold to AI series competitors only. AIX competitors are not eligible for this contingency. All competitors need to photocopy the invoice showing the purchase of shaved RA-1 tires and turn into the American Iron Series Director. Any competitor that does not turn in receipts will not be eligible for this contingency.

I thought you were a solid mid-packer........

I am. I was trying to help out Keith.

Ouch, that hurts.

I'm looking around and I don't see too many trophies. Oh, wait, I have a pair of plaques from winning our class in the Son-of-sno-drift TSD road rally, for 2000 and 2001. I'll send them right out to you.

Seriously, you completed a lot of races this year, and had a good time doing it. That makes you a winner in my book. I'd much rather drive and come in last then sit out my driving time because a championship is on the line.

No, I wasn't serious about the backmarker contingency, but the idea of contingency prizes for a class with spec tires seems kind of silly. It isn't going to sell any more tires...

I did finish many races this year and I learned alot. As fun as it was, it's not so easy for a "Type-A personality" to sit back there event after event. I guess I learned patience, too. I'm pulling off my headers and cold air intake box so I can run CMC next year. That's all that really needs done to the car... I think I was running the wrong class this year!

I like the contingency program. I see it as an opportunity to fund a second set of tires (rains!). For what the tires cost, I think it's good that Toyo found a way to give something back to the racers.