Road America?

David M. Pintaric

We are with 2-3 thunder roadsters. I think we are going to be the only ones in STR-2.

I am a bit 'hazy" on the car classifications: will STR2 cars run in the same class as ST2 for points and contigencies, or will these cars be listed seperately in the results?

Im almost possitive its listed as a separate class. Its still up in the air whether or not we are running for sure STR-2 or ST-2. The reason being whether we end up finishing our aero stuff or not. With aero our cars get penalized .75 in normal ST. This year that would put one of our cars into ST-1 where, whether its light or not, 150whp is just not enough. So if one is switching the others more than likely will too so one guy is not alone. Its one of those "if your going to do it so am i" situations.

• National Staff
I think they have added 2 more classes. STR-1 & 2. for tube frame cars???!!!

seems to me we have way too many classes now.

Bob, the two new classes are intended to allow the supposedly large number of drivers that have tube-frame cars that are not legal in ST1 or ST2 and are not competitive in Super Unlimited to come race with NASA. Initially, they could lead to a bit of a "bleed" of ST drivers regionally into of the STR classes. However, another benefit will be that these two classes will now allow ST1 and ST2 drivers to "supersize" at the National Championships and run more than one Championship race if desired. (Before you say it, there are rumors that the ST1/2 race may be on Saturday, and the STR1/2 race may be on Sunday, allowing drivers an entire day to refresh the cars and themselves---but those are just rumors?)

Anyone heading to Road America on April 25-26?

Can I get the rest of your schedule also so I can adjust mine accordingly?

Ken,

With a 17-year old daughter who plays lots of soccer, my schedule is rather "fluid." I'd love the opportunity to run with you again, so when I know I am going to run I will contact you in some manner.

I plan on heading out to ORP the weekend after Road America, then a brief rest for another back-to-back weekends at Nelson Ledges (my home-away-from-home) and Mid Ohio (my second home away-from-home). Then the June Sprints at the end of....June.

I hope to hit Mid Ohio again in July, so maybe we can dance then, but I hope you come up to Wisconsin. The track looks like fun, perfect for our kind of cars.