gutting doors

hmongboy

so how far can i go cutting away the metal sheet on the doors. can i just chop off the whole thing? also i need to know how to remove the window from a civic *ahem*mike*ahem*. Since i'm working on a 4 door, is it possible to cut out the rear doors also? Thanks

You are not allowed to gut the doors unless you install NASCAR style door bars. Also you are only allowed to install NASCAR doorbars on the driver's door. Therefor, you can only gut the drivers door. You can remove everything if you want, but I recommend leaving the factory side impact protection for added safety.

Edited by Guest

Hey, coming out to Thunderhill this weekend?

Mike Lock is correct, sort of.

4.10 Door Safety Bars

In addition to meeting all the NASA CCR specifications for the roll cage, Honda Challenge Series cars must also meet the following additional specifications. At least one door bar must be used on both the driver and

passenger sides. The drivers side window glass, window operating mechanism, inner door panel, and interior door latch assemblies may be removed, but the OEM side impact beam may not be removed or modified

unless NASCAR-style bars (as defined in CCR) which extend to the outer door skin are added to the roll cage. It is highly recommend using a NASCAR style door bar for adequate side impact protection.

Passenger side window glass, window operating mechanism, inner door panel, and interior door latch assemblies may be removed, but the OEM side impact beam may not be removed unless 2 bars are utilized in

the cage design (i.e. 2 horizontal bars or X design).

4.11 Door Glass

Driver and passenger side door glass must be removed or covered with a protective panel (stock is permitted).

So...you can remove the door glass, tracks, motors, inner latch, the trim (plastic panel) & the inner panel (metal). If you have NASCAR bars on the driver's side, you can remove the oem impact beam on the driver's side. If you have two door bars on the passenger side, you can remove the impact beam. I left both of mine in for safety!

Let me double check on the rear doors since it doesn't specify. IIRC, removal of door glass, track, motor & latch will be allowed.