997 GT3 cup cars

jeffbye

Wondering if anyone is currently running 2009 997 GT3 cup cars in the enduros. What class are they in? What is the tire rule for enduros? Any insight would help.

Thanks.

Jeff,

Posting very general questions to a forum that covers in entire U.S. of A. will generate lots of crickets! Tires are open, 911 GT3 would be ES.

And yes we've had several GT3's show up...at least here in the Midwest. At Road America Randy Pobst ran with us. Is that the kind of competition you're looking for?!!!

Sidney

The nice thing about ES is there are no rules! You can use any size cans you wish or fuel towers and dry breaks. We use 5 gallon modified cans that can put 42 gallons in my car in less than 40 seconds. Way faster than a fuel tower and way cheaper!

Richard

thanks guys

thanks Richard

ive just never run with you guys before so i dont want to upset someone being the new kid on the block.

Most groups do not allow 5 gallon dump cans with a single dry break. Thats all i have and a fuel rig is out of the budget for awhile. Just looking to have fun. Alot of groups are very officious these days. any other suggestions?

Jeff,

I don't know where you are located,but we are in Nor Cal group. Come out and pit with us. I garrantee, you will have way to much fun with us. We just run a simple kit car we built in the garage and run it in SU.

Richard

www.pdg4.com

Jeff,

I don't know where you are located,but we are in Nor Cal group. Come out and pit with us. I garrantee, you will have way to much fun with us. We just run a simple kit car we built in the garage and run it in SU.

Richard

http://www.pdg4.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SIMPLE KIT CAR.....

ME TOO

The nice thing about ES is there are no rules! You can use any size cans you wish or fuel towers and dry breaks. We use 5 gallon modified cans that can put 42 gallons in my car in less than 40 seconds. Way faster than a fuel tower and way cheaper!

Richard

Care to share the modification?

We have a 40gal duel dry break tower, and we go to most every CA event with an enduro. For rent if you need it, and comes with personnel trained in it's use if you like. It would be sweet ro see more porsches in the werc series.

email me: [email protected]

Tim, actually, the fuel stop won us the last enduro overall. The pro trucks out HP us and run a great race! It came down to the end! About the fuel jugs..... all the componants came from HOME DEPOT, my favorite speed shop! ( most of my "kit car componants come from here too) They are easier to show than to explain how they work. We have dumped over 900 gal of fuel in this car now and have not spilled a single drop! They slide lock into the filler neck and are very easy to control. I will be happy to deninstrate how they work.

Richard

I forgot, We will be at Buttonwillow for the June enduro SATURDAY). Can't wait to give those trucks a run for the GOLD! On Sunday, we will be at Infineon for an sU race.

• 4 weeks later...