ARE THERE ANY DRIVERS IN THE GTS1 CLASS? NEW DRIVER.

BETO

All I see are GTS2 and 3 classes, most of them anyways, but I haven't seen any GTS1. Is that a non-competitive class, or is my car too slow or too heavy (current Spec E30 racecar)?

I'll be racing in the Socal region after the Nationals at Miller, and wanted to meet other drivers in the same class.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought a SE30 was a GTS2 car ?

GTS1 max is 18.5 / 1

SE30 16/1 ?

I guess you could add weight to get it up to 18.5/1 . That would be fun to watch at Miller . all of that extra power would be great on the front straight but in the turns ...

The 944-spec cars might still show up in GTS1 this year at Nationals . So GTS1 could be the second / third largest class at Nationals.

I thought a SE30 was a GTS2 car ?

GTS1 max is 18.5 / 1

SE30 16/1 ?

Spec E30 will be right at the top of GTS1. It is based on power on the dyno not the crank. My Spec E30 makes 150ish and the min weight w/driver is 2750 that is 18.33. So you just have to add some weight, some of the stronger motors will have to add a lot so might not be worth it. Nearly every car crossing over from the BMW club will be in GTS2 or higher so I could see why there wouldn't be many cars in the class.

Well, my Spec E30 needs a head job (no kidding), so it's barely making an average of 142.66hp and 133.54tq. Therefore, according to GTS rules, 2750 lbs divided by 138.10 gives me a classing index of 19.91, well above the minimum 18.50 for GTS1.

Anyways, I solved the problem and got me a nice project car, 97 stock M3 that I should have ready for next season to race in the GTS2 class. Meantime, I'll race at the Nationals in the Spec E30 only, and the rest of the year in my region as GTS1 so I can mingle with my future competitors.

Well, my Spec E30 needs a head job (no kidding), so it's barely making an average of 142.66hp and 133.54tq. Therefore, according to GTS rules, 2750 lbs divided by 138.10 gives me a classing index of 19.91, well above the minimum 18.50 for GTS1.

Anyways, I solved the problem and got me a nice project car, 97 stock M3 that I should have ready for next season to race in the GTS2 class. Meantime, I'll race at the Nationals in the Spec E30 only, and the rest of the year in my region as GTS1 so I can mingle with my future competitors.

Actually, with hp higher than torque, you would only use the hp number. So, therefore, your target weight would be 142.7 x 18.5 = 2640 lbs. You are within 100 lbs of being perfect. Take out the passenger seat or something. Regardless, the car should be competitive.

My 95 VW Golf would fit nicely in the GTS1 class: 126whp and 129tq, 2550# with me in the car. I could remove more weight or get a bigger cam. However, there are no GTS1 cars in Texas

My 95 VW Golf would fit nicely in the GTS1 class: 126whp and 129tq, 2550# with me in the car. I could remove more weight or get a bigger cam. However, there are no GTS1 cars in Texas

Well someone has to start the class, come on out! Next event is TWS clockwise August 1&2.

• 1 month later...

I was running PTE, but may try GTS1 in a E36 with minimum mods, dry weight about 2650, and 2900 with driver and gas. i have 156 WHP...so that works out to approx 18.6

Yep, we had 9 GTS1 cars running this weekend (and it would have been an even 10 but for a motor problem). It may have been the best racing of the Event.

Well someone has to start the class, come on out! Next event is TWS clockwise August 1&2.

Edison comes out to quite a few TX region events